10

Y/N's P.o.V.

"Do you believe in Santa?"

I sat on a bench in the infirmary, staring directly into Percy's sea green eyes as he finished telling Will Solace what happened.

"A while ago, yeah," he replied with his arms crossed.

I winced as Will applied a sharp ointment, but relaxed after he fed me some ambrosia.

"What about the Tooth Fairy?" I continued, swinging my legs back and forth.

"No way," he scoffed. "The idea is ridiculous. Who slips into your bedroom from your window to buy bloody teeth?"

I smiled to myself, not letting Percy's comment get to me.

"Then what about true love?" I joked. Then, to his darkening face, "Sorry. That was a stupid question."

But he just looked back into my eyes, his orbs as cool as they always are.

"It was a stupid question," he replied. "But, yeah. Yeah, I guess I do."

I stared at the wooden floor, my black Converse continuously moving from out and under the bench.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked quietly.

"Go ahead," he muttered. "It's not like you haven't already."

I took a deep breath.

"If you believe in true love, then what happened to you and Annabeth?"

Percy shook his head. "I believe in love, not fate. She wasn't supposed to die."

"Then why haven't I found anyone yet?"

I wanted to say that I didn't deserve love. I really did.

But I swore to never lie.

"Maybe he just hasn't found you."

Will finished bandaging my wounds. I got up and left without another world.

Maybe he just hasn't found you. Yeah right.