13

Y/N's P.o.V.

I stood in the showers, taking in the freezing water like it was my friend. Which was probably a really stupid thing to do, considering it was winter.

"You're gonna turn into a freaking ice cube if you keep standing there," a girl, Piper, joked. I immediately covered my parts, realizing I wasn't the only one in the open room.

"Relax," she said while turning on the water next to me. "I've seen worse."

"You don't just talk about that!" I exclaimed, now unaware to how cold the water was. Piper just snickered.

"We're girls," she scoffed. "Did you grow up in a house full of guys?"

"Yeah," I lied. "I guess I'm just not used to this, ya know."

As she rinsed her hair with warm water, Piper shrugged. "Y/N, is that your name? You know Percy pretty well, right?"

I nodded, shyly turning off the water. "I guess."

"Then I'm assuming you know who Annabeth is."

I nodded again. "I don't know her personally," I said. "Sorry about that."

Piper looked sideways at me. "Well you at least know that she and Percy were more powerful together than the gods, right? You know they really loved each other, right?"

I grabbed a towel from a nearby bench and wrapped it around myself. "Yeah, Nico told me all about them."

Piper sighed. "Percy's a mess," she muttered. "You need to fix him. No one else can, and you're our only shot at him."

I rolled my eyes. "You can't really believe that a stranger can fix his heart, can you?" I scoffed. "We met less than a week ago."

"Just try," she urged. "You need to try. He needs help dearly. You can see it in his eyes."

I walked over to the door of the shower room and took a deep breath.

"I'm just a stranger," I whispered. "I can't do anything."

"One attempt!" she pressed. "One little attempt! You might be able to save him, I really think you can!"

"What makes you think a stupid person like me could do anything?" I mumbled. "I nearly died twice this week."

"I just know," Piper replied solidly. "It's a gut feeling that I can't ignore."

"What am I supposed to do?" I argued. "Percy probably hates me, and I don't blame him."

Piper turned the water off behind her. "You can't honestly believe that," she gasped.

"I can," I said, rolling my eyes. "It's quite obvious."

"Do you see the way he looks at you?" she exclaimed. "He sees something in you! He just doesn't want to admit it!"

"He sees all the ugliness I have inside me," I countered. "And that look is filled with hate."

"Aren't you just a ray of sunshine," Piper muttered. "Stop being so pessimistic. I'm a child of Aphrodite, and I know when a guy likes you, Y/N."

I opened the door, refusing to look at the girl who thinks I can fix Percy Jackson.

"I'll try," I whispered. "But I don't know how."

I slipped out of the room without another word.