20

Percy's P.o.V.

I was running.

Running down a huge sphere, passing the same spot over and over.

I couldn't stop. If I did, the thing I was running from would catch up to me. And then it would all be over for me.

But some things have to happen. It's fate.

I tripped over my untied shoelace. Annabeth used to always tie my shoes. Annabeth used to -

The darkness overheard swarmed around me, stinging me like bees. But it was worse. Much worse.

It was like the pain I experienced with Annabeth in Tartaros . But I'm alone now. I have no one left.

I woke up with a sudden gasp.

"Annabeth!" I yelled, extending my arm far in front of me. "Come back!"

And then the setting of reality settled over me.

I'm still alone.

There was a rustle outside my window. I wouldn't be getting any sleep soon, so I got out of bed to peek through a small crack in the cabin door.

My eyes widened when I saw the person who had been making the noise.

Y/N? What the hell are you doing?

She carried nothing but a pale yellow JanSport backpack, wearing the same tattered clothing I first met her in.

Her cleavage was showing....

I waited for her to get out of my sight while I threw on a pair of jeans. Nevermind with a shirt, Y/N was disappearing.

When I got pants on, I darted out the door after her. She wasn't too far, which was good. Her direction seemed to head to the Amphitheater, just past the Canoe Lake.

Stop running! I yelled to her mentally. It's too dangerous! Come back, you idiot!

But Y/N didn't. Why wouldn't she understand that she'd die if she went to past the magic boundary?

Get back here!

If I wanted her to come back so dearly, why didn't I actually yell to her?

Come back!

I kept running.