six

"knock, knock!" sophia heard a soft voice call as her front door swung open.

a grinning brunette emerged from the doorway, tugging along a vibrant orange suitcase.

"soph!" she squealed.

sophia sprinted over to give her a hug. it was bostyn brown, her boyfriend's sister and one of her closest friend's left.

bostyn didn't live in town, so the two hardly got to see each other.

"where's cameron?" sophia beamed, fixing her flyaways for when he showed up.

bostyn smiled back, and pointed behind her shoulder.

sophia turned and saw her boyfriend standing in the doorway.

his adorable smile spread across his face at the sight of her, and his dimples that were the size of craters in the moon indented his face.

"cam!" sophia squealed, running up to him. she jumped up to hug him, putting her legs around him as he twirled her around it.

"hey." he laughed, kissing her softly before setting sophia down and sweeping her hair out of her chocolate coloured eyes.

after the reunions had calmed down, they all got seated in sophia's small living room.

"what's wrong? why did you need us so urgently?" cameron asked, putting his arm around sophia and looking at her; his brown eyes filled with concern.

sophia took a deep breath before beginning. "i-i think im being stalked by kalani's potential killer." she began shakily.

"what?" bostyn and cam said together, rising out of their seats.

"but soph, you know kalani's death was a suicide." cam said quietly, pulling her in comfortingly.

"that's what i thought, too," she sniffed. "until the one year anniversary of her death when i found this on her grave."

she pulled the crinkled piece of paper out of her back pocket to show the two worried siblings.

they both studied the paper. "what if this is just a horrible joke?" bostyn thought aloud.

"i also thought that. until i received these, too."

sophia showed them the other three notes she had found.

"sophia, this is so messed up. you have to get the police on the case at once."

"you're right. i'll be right back." sophia nodded, walking to her small bedroom to grab her cell phone.

"ahh, there it is." she muttered, reaching for her phone.

a piece of paper was placed on the screen of her phone.

         if you tell anyone about me,
   it won't be just kalani who's death
                    was a 'suicide'.

sophia ripped the note off her phone, and ran to her friends in the living room.

"help me." she whispered to them, weakly holding up the note before crashing in cameron's arms. "why is this happening?!" she meekly spoke out between tears.

"we don't know, sophia. but we're going to get to the bottom of it." bostyn replied firmly, gently patting the sobbing brunette's back.

                                  -

         even though she's fictional,
seeing sophia happier than usual
moments makes me happy

++ sorry about the delay in posting.