eight

darkness. that's what sophia saw when she opened her eyes. groggily, she sat up. quickly she began to panic as she remembered the last thing that happened to her. an ominous figure. a cloth over her face. and now she hadn't the slightest idea where she was.

conveniently, there was a little flashlight lying on the cold, concrete floor beside her. it was probably left there by whoever placed her here. turning it on, she saw that she was in a small, empty room.

nothing was in it but her, and of course, a single note. shaking, sophia reached for the slip.

you've almost reached the end,
sophia
any last guesses before the big
reveal?

sophia was scared, no doubt. not only for her safety, but also bostyn and cameron's. they were at her house too when she was knocked out, sleeping soundly. if this monster got a hold of her boyfriend, she would never forgive herself. he was all she had left.

there was a pen beside the paper. turning it over to the back side, she decided to write every name of a suspect that's ever passed through her head.

taylor
nia
maddie
jordyn

quickly, sophia wrote every reasoning for why she's suspected these four.

taylor nunez.

jordyn's friend. we hardly knew her when kalani was alive; she was merely an acquaintance jordyn, kalani and myself occasionally partied with from time to time. something was always off about her when kalani joined us. she got defensive, and seemed to object to or ignore whatever kalani had to say. she was jealous, and if i wasn't in a situation like this, i wouldn't have given it a second thought.

flashback:

"are you ready for tonight, ladies?" jordyn winked, doing a twirl in her bold red mini dress.

we were all single at the time, and had taylor just went through a huge blowout breakup and wanted to forget it all and get wasted.

being perfectly honest, taylor looked great. her hair was curled in beautiful ringlets and her makeup was done to perfection, and by her cocky attitude, she knew it, too.

"of course." she smirked, primping her hair in the mirror.

just then, kalani strode into the room in the most stunning dress i've ever seen. it looked like it would be worth hundreds of thousands.

she was perfectly done up, as always, beating out taylor and putting her outfit to shame. taylor balled her fists, sealed her lips, and said nothing.

"hello, ladies." she smiled, gracefully taking a seat.

"lani! are you coming out with us?" sophia asked, bouncing in her seat slightly at her best friend's presence.

taylor rolled her eyes to jordyn behind sophia's head, which kalani was also oblivious of.

"i seriously wish i could, but i have a date tonight." she pouted.

that comment seemed to anger taylor, as she stifled a snort.

"aww, that really sucks. we all wanted you to come." taylor frowned.