New Friend

Robin's P.O.V
Unknown Woods 12:00 a.m.

"HEY, WAIT!" I yelled, chasing after the fourteen year old, who I'm more than sure was trying to ditch me. He had escaped my sight when I was lost in thought looking into the clear river. "PLEASE! I'M ONLY ELEVEN! I DON'T LIKE BEING ALONE!"

I leaped between two trees connected at the base of the trunk. I ended up tripping in the crevice, but I did a somersault, regained myself and kept running. My eyes wild and fear ridden darted from every tree to some dark animal hidden in the shadows, I ran faster, I wanted to find him, I needed to. "HEY-!" I tried calling again, but I was cutoff by something hard hitting my face. The impact sent me spinning a little and I landed on my butt. I rubbed my now stinging cheek, "Ow! What was that!?"

"Keep following me...and I'll make sure you see what it is next time!" A young voice nearly shouted at me.

"Aquala-ad!" I said offended, "That hurt!"

"Good..." he growled. "Maybe it will toughen you up, you pathetic human!" He shouted the word 'human', scaring most of the birds that were sleeping in the trees.

"Why are you so mean!?" I shouted back at him and tried getting in his face but I was too short and I nearly tripped on my cape.

"I may have accepted, my king's, offer to be his apprentice, but that does not mean it was to meet and be nice to humans, especially not a child like you!"

"I'm not a child!" I countered, "...and if you don't like humans, then why did you even save me?" I asked referring to events earlier that night.

"You needed help...just because I don't like humans or you," he jabbed me with his finger, "does not mean there is not a parent out there that loves you."

I hung my head, not wanting to listen to him anymore. He started walking. "No, wait! Please don't leave me!" I rushed to him and grabbed his hand, scared of the thought of being alone again.

"Fine," he grunted, he gripped my hand and started dragging me. For a kid who's never been on land, he sure walks fast.

We walked in silence for a few minutes...well, more Aqualad walked, I either ran or got dragged.

"Hey, Aqualad?" I said sheepishly.

"Yes?" He grunted.

"About earlier," I paused. "Thank you...for getting me out of the water before I drowned."

"Mhm..."

We kept walking and I thought back to only about two hours ago.

*Flash back*

"Isn't this where Batman said to meet him?" I asked myself, after having been waiting on a rock off Gotham Bay for nearly an hour. I heard the low rumbling of thunder. I looked up to see black storm clouds rolling in, I now noticed the water was going crazy, and splashing the rock making it slippery. Suddenly, a huge wave washed me off the rock. My head broke the water and I gasped for breath as a wave crashed down onto me, the water was too strong for me to stay above.

"HELP!" I screamed getting my head above water long enough. "BATMAN!"

"BR-" another wave came and took me under. I could feel myself starting to black out when I felt an arm wrap around my body, I was pulled to the surface and layed on the rock. I coughed up a mouthful of water, I opened my eyes to see a kid standing over me, completely emotionless. I assumed he was whomever just saved me, "Tha-" I didn't get to finish before I completely passed out.

I woke up an hour later with a campfire right next to me. I think the burning feeling on my face is what woke me up. I opened my eyes looking into the fire, on instinct I shot up gasping in surprise.