Fort Fun

Dick's P.O.V
15:00 EST April 23, Wayne Manor

It was raining all day and I was home alone, yeah I know, leave a ten year old home alone, he won't do anything dangerous!

Luckily for, Bruce, I didn't do anything very bad. I just went to every room, grabbed every blanket, pillow, and sheet I could find and dragged every chair I could move into the ballroom. I think Alfred's gonna be mad when he gets back from England.

I setup a huge fort and started crawling around inside. Since there were way more sheets than chairs, I had some sheets laying on the ground for a floor, and the biggest sheet -from Bruce's master bed- I had layed out in front of an opening I didn't want to cover and called it my balcony.

I had been playing for about ten minutes, when I heard the heavy wood doors to the ballroom open then close. I didn't know who walked in, but I was scared I was going to get in trouble, my eyes started watering and I didn't move.

"...wow," came a woman's gentle voice, "Impressive."

I sat crosslegged in the 'hallway' of my fort, tears filling my eyes. I listened as the woman's high heels clicked over the marble tiles of the dance floor. I held my breath when I saw the black shoes and dressy purple pant legs of the woman when she stood infront of my balcony. She dipped down and I saw Diana Prince's face, it was a pretty face, not as pretty as Mami's, in my opinion, but still pretty.

I looked at her with streams of tears on my cheeks, but I don't think she noticed them.

Her long, black hair fell over her shoulder and nearly touched the ground, she had a small smile and was looking straight at me. "Hi, Dick," she said softly.

I gave a small wave not wanting to talk in case my voice broke.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

I shrugged, and I don't know why, but suddenly I croaked, "Go away..."

"Why?" She asked, not sounding offended, but concerned.

"...because, you're gonna get me in trouble," I said without thinking.

"How will I get you in trouble, Little One?"

She clearly didn't think the way I was thinking, so I turned the subject upside down a little so I wouldn't make her mad or get her to call Bruce.

"Because, uh..." I thought for a second laying down onto my tummy, "NASA has already been on my tail about strange things around here and I've been lieing to them saying I haven't seen anything, and if they see a, U.F.W, outside my balcony they'll be onto me!"

She giggled at me. "A, U.F.W?" She asked.

"An, Unidentified Flying Woman, U.F.W!"

"I am not flying."

"You're outside my balcony, aren't you?"

"I suppose so..."

"Then you're flying!"

"Well, I do not wish to get you in trouble," she said, doing air quotes around the word 'trouble'. "...but, I also do not wish to leave, and I prefer to be one for politeness. So, may I come in, Richard?"

I nodded nervously, "Just take your shoes off first, please."

"Of course," she said and sat on the edge of the balcony, she took one shoe off, then the other and placed them on the floor.

"Oh no!" I shouted, startling her, "Look out below!"

Once she realized what I meant she chuckled, "You scared me." She said and started tickling me.

I laughed hard and it echoed throughout the room, "Hehehe, stop! Hehe"

"Alright," she said with a disappointed tone and quickly stopped tickling me. "Could I get a tour?"

"Yeah!" I chirped starting to feel better with her here, "come on!"

I crawled down the hall quickly and pointed to different rooms naming them off. "This is the library," I said pointing to a room with my favorite books.

"Lovely," she said.

"This is the kitchen," I pointed to a small area with apple juice boxes and a cookie package. "Wait here," I said and crawled into the room, I grabbed a cookie from the package for each of us. I came back and handed her, her cookie.

"Thank you," she said taking the cookie.

"Here's my room," I crawled into a big opening with a blanket and pillow set up to look like a bed and my teddy bear that had a stuffed animal Batman suit on him, sitting next to my pillow. Diana crawled into the opening a little as I picked up the bear. "Say, hi!" I said holding him up.

"Hello, Bat-bear," she said patting his head. I giggled, hugged Bat-bear, put him back and crawled out.

I crawled quickly, ahead of her and looked into a pink cavity of a room, "THIS CAN BE YOUR ROOM!" I shouted happily.

"Okay Dick, we are in the same enclosed space, there is no reason to yell, Little One."

"Sorry," I said quickly as she crawled up.

She looked into the room made of pink sheets, "It's beautiful, I love it."

"Yaaay! Wanna see the game room!?" I asked excitedly.

"Ooh, a game room, fancy," she said.

I crawled farther down and turned left, then found the room with my Pokémon cards, Gameboy, and some boardgames. I went to the far wall and waited for Diana.

"Oh. There you are," she said, trying to squeeze into the room through the small opening in the chair legs. I ran out of chairs so I used a single barstool for an arch.

I watched as she struggled at her hips, trying not to ruin my fort.

"Do you need help?"

"It would be appreciated."

I crawled over to her and held the chair in place while she got the rest of her body through.

"Are you okay?" I asked, more worried if she almost hurt herself, rather the fort.

"I am fine, Dick, thank you," she said, then added. "You know Richard, the only thing I find a 'wonder' about you is how much kindness you have packed into such a small body."

I gave her a small laugh and said, "Thanks, Diana."

She smiled at me and looked around. "So, what do we have here?" She asked crawling farther into the room.

"Uh...wanna play Monopoly?" I asked picking up the box.

"What ever you would like."

I moved closer to her and we set up the game. After monopoly we played more games and lost track of time.

I was sitting in Diana's lap while she watched me play Pac-Man on my Gameboy, my head was laying on her chest and I held the device out so she could see.

Eventually, I fell asleep.

In the morning I woke up in my bedroom in the fort with the blanket wrapped around me and Bat-bear under my arm.

"Good morning, Dick," I heard Diana whisper.

"Morning," I said crawling out of bed. "Hey, I never asked. Why did you come Yesterday...and where's, Bruce?" My nervous tone was clear in the last question.

She smiled at me, "Bruce, is at the Watchtower, I told him to stay there after he returned the other day."

"Why?" I asked.

"I wanted to spend some time with my favorite, Little One," she said, poked my nose, and crawled to the balcony.

"Sorry, Dick," she said as she stood up. "But I'm afraid you'll have to explain to NASA about your U.F.W." She stepped off the balcony.

"Hey, I wanna come!" I said crawling quickly out of the fort.

"Well then," she opened her arms to me. "Come on, Little One, and fly with me!"

I jumped into her arms and we 'flew' off to our next adventure.