Batbrats at the Mountain!

Batcave, Gotham City

"HURRY UP!" Jason yelled to everyone and getting impatient.

"Jason, calm down," Bruce said waiting at the Batcomputer for the rest of the kids to come.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" yelled a blonde girl -about Tim's age- as she came running down the stairs of the cave, a purple, clearly overstuffed, backpack on her back.

"Steph," Jason said, eyeing Stephanie's bag. "Bruce said we might be there for a day or two...he didn't say we were moving there."

"I know," she said excitedly, "I just have some toys, movies, clothes, sna-"

"Stephanie," Bruce interrupted her. "I said to bring at least two sets of clothes -including pajamas- and something to entertain you, so you're not constantly bothering, Robin or The Team."

"I know, but..." she trailed off.

"It's fine, just make sure you have everything before you leave the mountain."

Stephanie nodded and Tim came flopping down the stairs.

"Are you ready?" Bruce questioned, seeing that all Tim had was his favorite book, and a small backpack that looked empty despite the clothes he had neatly tucked into it.

"Yeah," Tim said going to stand next to the other two kids.

"Come on Cass!" Stephanie said, bouncing with excitement.

Suddenly a pink wheeler backpack came crashing to their level from the top floor of the cave. Everyone stared at the backpack as Cassandra took light steps down the stairs. She walked over to her backpack and rolled it over to Bruce.

"I'm guessing someone's ready," Bruce said down to the little girl, whom blankly stared up at him. "Okay, remember everyone," he said looking away from Cassandra and to the older kids. "Once you get there you are to go straight to Robin, no running around, no exploring, go straight to Robin."

"Okay!" The three said in unison, then ran through the Zeta tube headed for the mountain.

Bruce looked at Cass, who was his only child that didn't leave. "Aren't you going?"

Cass kept her blank stare, but raised an eyebrow.

"Don't look at me like that," Bruce said. "Yeah, yeah, I know they're not going to go to Robin, but-"

She smirked at him but didn't move. Bruce sighed then pulled out a folded piece of paper. "Can't just let me have a little hope can you?" He joked handing her the paper. She giggled at his comment. "Give that to Dick, once you get there. Okay?"

She nodded, took the paper, and left through the Zeta tube.

"The girl doesn't even need to talk to point out the flaws in my ideas," Batman muttered to himself headed for the Batmobile.

*At Mountain*

Cassandra exited the Zeta tube and walked into a room made of rock with a circular platform of metal dead in the center of the room and a pool of water along the far wall. Stay away from that, when alone, she selfnoted. She looked around and noticed Jason, Timothy, and Stephanie were nowhere to be found.

She stepped onto the metal platform and looked down the only opening that didn't seem to lead to a Zeta tube or outside, she shrugged then walked straight down the hall, the wheels on her backpack made a crunching noise over the rock floor as she pulled it along.

*Kitchen/living room*

Artemis and M'gann were sitting on one of the green couches talking over the TV, Kaldur somehow managed to block out the TV noise and was reading a book, and Conner was leaning forward on the kitchen counter, watching the TV as it lit up with explosions from Wally and Robin's game.