Jaybird's in the Mountain

Jason's P.O.V

"STREET RAT!" Brian yelled shoving me to the floor.

I swept his ankle knocking him down, "SNOB!"

"I MAY BE A SNOB, BUT AT LEAST MY FATHER LOVES ME!" He shouted jumping on top of me.

I growled, maneuvered my legs under his stomach and I kicked him off me with my feet, "BRUCE DOES LOVE ME!"

He landed on his back and the wind got knocked out of him, but that didn't last long and he said, "YEAH RIGHT, LIKE A BILLIONAIRE COULD EVER LOVE A STREET!" He stopped and smirked, then added, "OR A CIRCUS FREAK!"

"THAT'S IT!" I shouted. I jumped on top of him and started pummeling him. "YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME, BUT NOT MY BROTHER!"

I kept punching him until he was covered in bruises and was bleeding from several cuts. I stopped mid-punch and sighed.

Now I'm bored.

I stood up and Brian curled up in a ball.

"Talk about my brother again!" I kicked him as hard as I could. "I'll never go easy on you again!"

I looked at the hallway clock and saw that it was past 3:30.

"Oh...school was over half an hour ago..." I shrugged and left.

I was walking down the street, headed for home. I didn't want to, but -thanks to the mention of my big brother- I was thinking about what Brian said.

Bruce does love us! Doesn't he? He has to...why else would he have taken Dick and I in? We're his sons, sure not by blood, but he still loves us, and treats us as if we're his own children. He does love us, right?

I groaned, "Dick's gonna kill me..."

I turned on my heel and headed for the closest alleyway. I walked to the end and found the broken phone booth that says, "Out of Order". I stepped inside and waited for the Zeta beam to send me to Mt. Justice.

I walked into the Zeta deck and was greeted by a puzzled look from Black Canary.

"Hi?" She said confused.

"Sup," I walked past her as if she wasn't looking for an explanation of who I was.

She ran in front of me, grabbed my shoulder, and said, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

"Jaybird," I responded nonchalantly. "I'm Robin's little brother."

"Oh really?" She crossed her arms. "Then why has Robin nor Batman ever spoken of you?"

"Maybe they just don't love me!" I snapped, starting to think Brian was right.

"Robin and The Team are on a mission. I'm going to have to confirm this with Batman," she stated.

"No, you don't have to," I said, worried I'd get in trouble. "I can just...sit somewhere and wait for Robin! So, you don't have to bother Batman, who's probably on his own mission, and shouldn't be disturbed!"

She furrowed her brows, nervous at the thought of bothering Batman, when he probably shouldn't be.

"Fine," she said and bit her lip, then finished, "But stay where I put you and only move unless COMPLETELY necessary. Do you understand?"

"Yeah yeah," I waved an arm at her. "I understand. Stay where I am and only get up if I have to pee."

She gave me a face of slight disgust, then grabbed my shoulders and led me to a room with a few green couches, a giant flat-screen TV that displayed a screen of static and a blue label claiming it had no signal, and the room was connected to a big kitchen.