I Told You So

Wayne Manor, Gotham City

"C'mon, Cassie," Dick said taking the little girls mittened hand, trying to lead her out into the snow.

"Mm-mm," she protested, trying to pull her big brother back into the manor. Being Cassandra's first experience with snow she wasn't the most thrilled to leave her warm house and trudged through this cold, white mess.

"I promise Cass, you'll love it!" Dick said picking up his sister. He looked at her with a big smile, Dick couldn't help but think she was so cute, dressed up all cozy in her puffy pink jacket, black snowpants, scarf, and her thick winter cap.

Dick carried Cass out into the big yard and tried to set her down, only for her to keep her arms wrapped around him and she hung from his neck as he straightened up. "Hehe," he chuckled. "Cass, the fun part is actually being in the snow."

"No!" She said.

He sighed. "Y'know Cassie, I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice," he said reaching behind his neck. Cassandra's eyes widened with terror as she felt Dick's hands start to pry her fingers away.

"No!" She screamed again, then plopped bottom first into the snow. "Uh-h!" She whined.

"Sorry. But you have to be in the snow to have fun!" He said cheerily as she glared up at him.

"It's cold," she grunted to him.

"I know, but once we start having fun you'll wish we didn't have to go inside later."

"When's later?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Later, now stand up," he said grabbing her hands and pulling her to her feet.

She stood there pouting. "I wanna go in..." She said, sounding as if she were about to cry.

Ignoring her, "Let's make a snowman!" Dick shouted, getting onto his hands and knees.

"No-o," Cassandra groaned, stomping her feet. She pointed at the manor. "Inside!"

"Don't you want to have fun?"

"Yes," she paused and emphasized her next word. "In-side!"

"No," he said firmly. "We can do lots of fun stuff, outside."

"Like what?" She challenged.

Dick thought a moment, then said, "We could go sledding...we can try building an igloo, we can...uh, make snow angels, we co-"

Dick was cut off by a clump of snow hitting the back of his head.

"Ow!" He said loudly, rubbing the back of his head. Cass started giggling. He turned around to see two boys, the older one was doubled over in the snow laughing, while the younger one looked fearfully at Dick. "JASON PETER TODD!" Dick shouted picking up a wad of snow.

Once Jason stood up, he emediatly ducked back down as a snowball went flying over his head and splattered square on Tim's chest instead, knocking him backward onto his bottom.

"Sorry, Timmy!" Dick called.

"It's okay!" Tim yelled back.

"No, it's not," Jason said to Tim. He then turned around to face Cass and Dick. "I DECLARE WAR! SNOWBALL FIIIGHT!" Jason shouted picking up Tim and hiding behind a snowman.

"Oh no..." Dick said, then turned to Cass, who was now sitting crosslegged in the snow, "C'mon, let's build a wall!"

Cass shrugged and started piling snow in front of her as Dick started balling up wads of snow.

*10 minutes later*

Both teams had built a wall and had huge piles of snowballs laying within reach.

"Alright! You know the rules!" Jay yelled to his 'enemies'.

"YEAH!" Dick yelled, "THE BAT RULES, BRAT!"

Dick grabbed a snowball and chucked it straight at Jason who was standing on his snow wall. Jason got hit in the chest and fell backwards off the wall.

"Are you okay?" Tim asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jason grunted, standing up, and grabbing a snowball.

"Hey?" Tim asked getting Jason's attention.

"What?" Jason responded not looking at him.

"What about Cass?" Tim asked, "Don't you think we should let her win?"

Jason groaned, "Fine!"

Jason stood up and attempted to throw a snowball, only to be blinded by one hitting his face, "YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THAT, GRAYSON!"

Dick burst out laughing. "THAT WAS NOT ME!" He shouted giving Cass a highfive. "Nice throw!"

"Thank you," she giggled.

They kept playing, not once did Tim or Jay hit them. Dick checked his watch, "Time out!" He yelled. "It's nearly seven, we should head inside!"

"Okay!" yelled both boys and they dashed off toward the manor. Dick started heading in when he noticed a certain little girl wasn't following. He turned around to see Cassandra sitting behind their protective wall. "Hey, we're going in now. Don't you want to come?"

Cass waited a second then shook her head, "I don't wanna go in, that was fun!"

Dick smiled at her. "I told you so," he mocked.

She stuck her tongue out at him and he laughed. "C'mon, we'll play tomrrow," he said picking her up.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise," he said, giving her a peck on the cheek.