thirty-one → i'm technically an abomination against nature

PURE AND TAINTED
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
( i'm technically an abomination
against nature )

THE MOMENT TONY HAD finished setting up his new A.I., a system that he had decided to call F.R.I.D.A.Y., he called over Aline and wrapped a tight arm around her shoulders. He steered her through the room, grinning ear-to-ear, which greatly unsettled the girl. "Hello, my little tribrid," Tony said, speaking in a voice that creeped her out even further. "I happen to have a present for you."

"Oh, interesting," Aline said, rolling her eyes. "So, tell me, what diabolical scheme do you have cooking in that brain of yours now?" She poked a finger at the billionaire's chest. "Hopefully nothing that will get me killed. Again."

"Why do you always assume I'm making something that will kill you? Name one time." Tony maneuvered the two around a table. At that comment, however, Aline raised a brow at him, and he huffed. "Other than this moment. This doesn't count."

She physically stopped in her tracks, crossing her arms over her chest. Aline raised one of her dark brows. "Do you remember seven months ago," she started, "when you were updating your suit? You pressed the wrong button and sending me through two walls. You completely scared the hell out of Bruce, and I broke my neck." She remembered that exact moment in which, Tony had pressed the wrong button. One of the blasters from his suit had raised and shot Aline directly in the chest. She'd been sent through two walls right into one of the dining rooms, where Bruce had been currently eating his lunch. While Aline had survived, that was only because of her supernatural abilities.

"You act like you dying is a normal occurrence for you," Tony said, and shook his head. "None of us are used to it. Seriously, it's pretty weird, and you're talking to me. Never mind that, because like I said, I have a present for you. A good one, I promise."

"And that would be... ?"

Tony moved her so that she was standing in front of a table, which was covered by a long white sheet. "Because you have been harassing me non-stop since day one 一 seriously, if we had an H.R., I'd report you by now 一 I have decided to finally fulfill your request. Say hello to your new suit!" He gripped the sheet and ripped it from the table with a dramatic flair, tossing it aside.

Aline's eyes widened as big as they could as she stared at the suit. It was similar to Natasha's, a tight bodysuit that had a zipper in the front, colored black. A hood was attached to it, black as well, and the suit itself was sleeveless. There were small details on the hood and when she leaned down, she spotted that there were small Nordic runes imprinted in the material. A small belt was placed on top, with a button centered in it.

"You've been complaining about this for the longest time 一 eighteen months and fourteen days, to be precise, and yes, I counted. So I took it upon myself, seeing as I'm the kindest and most generous person ever, to finally start and finish your suit." He grinned at her, taking a step towards her. He moved his face so it was in front of hers. "You just gonna keep gaping at it or are you gonna 一"

She cut him off with an excited squeal. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" She started to bounce up and down, shaking her arms excitedly in front of her chest. Aline turned towards Tony and jumped on him, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He let out a small groan at the sudden force, but chuckled, hugging her back.

Oh, yeah. She liked it.

___

Tony had explained all the details to her 一 even the small things. It morphed with her body when she shifted into a wolf, but he recommended that she doesn't do it too often because he doesn't know how long it'll handle it. His wording of said process was incredibly confused, for he used a bunch of words that she didn't understand, but she nodded excitedly nonetheless. The button on her belt allowed her to change to fully black or white, and the inside of it was insulated to keep her warm and comfy. He also supplied her with a pair of boots, which also fit her perfectly. Seriously, she was curious as to how Tony got all her measurements...