24 - Some call it love

"Hey, Miranda, I just realised that I have never really taken you out on any date. It's just that we were suddenly, well, together. I mean, all we did was kiss once in your room, and that's about it."

"Alright, and the point of your gallant speech, which is insanely obvious, would be?"

"Well, I want to take you out on a date."

"When?"

"Tonight."

"Alright."

We were both at his place. We had woken up and then his mother seemed rather happy to see me. Of course, we had to head over to my place, to notify my parents that I was alright, but besides that, I also had to freshen up. Of course, mum drilled me with questions, which I had answered to the best to not get Terrence in trouble, because he was the one who had gotten me to befriend Justin in the first place. So all I said was, "This guy tried to attack me."

And for one time, I didn't feel guilty about changing the story. If she wanted to make a police report against Justin (which I was sure she was very capable of doing), it was really fine by me. I didn't care about what happened to him, and all I wanted to do was to make sure he never found his way to me.

And as for my revenge onto Terrence for making me talk to him, I gave Justin his number, which I was suddenly proud of doing. I look forward to the day that Terrence gets an anonymous phone call and threatens him for running away. Oh, that would be great.

When mum finally allowed me back to Connor's place, she made me promise that I would tell her about everything. So that brings me back to the current situation that I was stuck in, having agreed to Connor's date. After that, he kissed me all of a sudden, not that I was complaining.

"Remember the time we had our first kiss?" He asked, somehow still audible.

"The one where you were teaching me how to kiss properly because I had no idea how to do so?"

"And then when Terrence walked in on us."

"I remember, why?"

"Because we're going to do it again, and this time, there'll be no one to interrupt us because it's only us at home, and I happen to have a lot of time on my hands. And, you're still a terrible kisser, so we're going to have to do so until you're perfect."

This earned him a punch on the shoulder. But it didn't do much because he seemed relatively unfazed. "That usually might work on Derek or on Terrence, but not me, so I think you'll have to work on better punishment for me.

I looked at him with a smile on my lips. This time, as he was about to lean in and kiss me, I ducked away from his reach and stayed at a different corner. I grinned at him. He tried to get me again, but I ducked away from him yet once more.

"Come on, Miranda!"

I gave him a smile. "You wanted your punishment, didn't you?"

He returned my equally as mysterious smile. "You really want to play that game with me?"

We both looked each other, and then it was game on.

He tackled me down to the floor so fast I couldn't seem to react fast enough. To give me credit, though, he was pretty fast. I mean, how do you think he confused most of the goalkeepers in soccer? One point, he's so far away you think that would catch him. The next, he's suddenly right in front of you, with the ball sailing past your head and into the goal.

If that wasn't scary, I had no idea what was considered so, because it had given me a heart attack more times than I could count on one hand. But his reflexes always did him good, this time included.