Epilogue - Some call it love

"Pass it to me!" Derek called, as poor Karen looked so confused. She saw him and then kicked the ball towards him. He grinned at her and then ran away.

Michael just seemed confused as the ball moved away from him after Karen kicked it to Derek. But his confusion lasted for a few moments, before he regained his composure.

"Hey!" He quickly chased after Derek, where he eventually caught up. But instead of snatching the ball away from him, he tripped over the ball and then landed on his knees.

It took a few seconds, but then he ended up bawling on the floor. "Mummy! It's painful!" He wailed.

"It's not my fault!" Derek immediately called, looking rather panicked. I couldn't help but to laugh at how worried he looked. I got up from my chair and then quickly joined Michael.

His knees were scraped, but it looked nothing serious. "Maybe we should take a break," Terrence suggested and everyone else agreed.

I helped Michael clean up his knee and soon enough, he had forgotten about whatever pain he was in and was back chasing after his twin sister, Karen.

The next thing I knew, Karen was crying as well. I quickly went to her and then helped her to her feet. "Mummy! My knee hurts!"

Unlike her brother, she had only sustained a bruise, so I gave it a kiss. "Better?"

She smiled and nodded, and followed Terrence.

"Mummy, my face hurts," Connor said cheekily.

I kissed his forehead. "Is that better?"

He smirked at me. "Honey, my lips hurt."

I rolled my eyes but kissed his lips anyway.

"I love you, Miranda," he sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I love you too, Connor."

Connor and I had gotten married and soon after, I have birth to the twins. Amazingly, they took a lot after their father. Especially their beautiful blonde hair, which was a relief to me that neither had inherited my ginger hair, because I wanted neither of my children to get bullied in school.

They were adorable, but then again, all six-year-olds were.

Also, Connor obviously rubbed off on them, way more than I did, seeing how the both of them loved playing soccer. Every Saturday, we would go as a family with Derek and Terrence to play soccer.

Well, they would anyway. I sat by the sidelines cheering for whichever team had scored, and took care of everyone's belongings while they played. I didn't mind if it meant I wasn't the one who had to run around.

Terrence was engaged with a girl he met while he was at university. No one could believe that he had proposed, because he never took most of his relationships seriously. It might also have had something to do with the fact that the girl was Derek's sister.

And then again, neither did anyone believe I would ever get married either, so I think that our parents were just pretty happy that they would end up having their grandchildren anyway.

Derek was still single, but it was no secret that he actually liked being single. Besides, he was earning good money, so I think he was happy with all the cats that he had adopted for company.

That was a joke. Derek had his own place which was pretty funny that he stayed there all alone.

After another game of soccer, they decided to end the game, because the children were tired. However, the four of us had a different agenda.