3

"Please class," Mr. Modelo said as he placed a folder on his desk, "quiet down." The class took their seats and Mr. Modelo told everyone to take out their journals for a class reading. It started with a girl named Lori and she wrote about how the smell of rain reminds her of her dog or something like that, next was Mark, then Luanne.

"Mr. Dolan," his teacher started, "can you please read what your wrote in your journal?"

Everyone turned their heads to look at Ethan, he looked up from his notes and got up from his desk slowly. "Um, okay, love is stupid. Why do people get into relationships just to get out of them? Why do people love when you're just going to end up heart broken? St. Peter said that love never fails but is that really true?"

"Do you care to elaborate on that, Mr. Dolan?" Mr. Modelo asked.

"Sure, when people get married they aren't always happy. My parents fight all the time, my mom leaves the house and comes back two days later, the problem still unresolved and it leads to more and more problems. If a couple is compatible, one spouse is going to die before the other and the living one is going to be left heavy hearted and is probably going to be sad the rest of their lives. Loving is so pointless, so unnecessary and it sickens me to see it." Ethan finished, now having the whole class's attention.

"Let me ask you something, Mr. Dolan."

"Yes, sir?"

"Has anyone told you that they loved you?" Mr. Modelo wondered.

"No, sir." Ethan shook his head.

"Not even your parents?", Ethan shook his head, "Your brother?", he shook his head again, "Sister?"

"No."

"Well, that's unfortunate." Mr. Modelo stated.

Ethan shrugged, and sat down back in his seat- his dull, grey seat.