Chapter 9. Reply

Author's Note

This chapter is picking back up episode eight from where I left off. So, this is the next day after the event with Akira. I hope you enjoy! :D

-------------------------------------

It was about 7:30 in the morning and Aoba awoke. Although, despite it being the next morning, the setting outside remained the same and the people were still out there, partying. He got up out of bed and proceeded to make his way downstairs. He smelt freshly brewed tea, which he knew that Akira was awake. She was always an early riser. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked to the couch, seeing Noiz asleep on it. Akira made her way into the living room, setting a tray of tea on the coffee table. She looked to Aoba and smiled.

"Morning." She whispered.

"Morning." He replied. Aoba walked to her and then he picked up a tea cup and its small plate. He went to Noiz and set it down beside him, "Hey," Noiz awoke to hearing his voice and he looked up to him, "It's fresh. If you want it." Noiz stared at him. Aoba backed away, sitting on the couch with Akira. Aoba picked up his own tea cup.

"Hey, look...I was kind of a jerk about things the other day. Ren said, you actually cleaned a virus off of him. Sorry, man. I...didn't give you a chance."

"Whatev." He said. He took a sip of the tea, but it took him by surprise of how hot it was. He flinched and dropped his tea, the liquid spilling onto his hand. Akira gasped and she and Aoba stood up.

"You need to go ahead and cool your hand off right away! It has to be burned now, right?" Noiz looked to his hand, "Take off the bandage already!" Noiz did so. Akira went to the kitchen and got the first aid kit as well as a rag to clean up the mess. She returned to the living room, setting the first aid kit on the coffee table, while she proceeded to clean up the mess.

"Are you intentionally trying to hurt yourself, Noiz?" She asked. Noiz stared at his burnt hand, which was red. However, on his hand were also scars from deep cuts that weren't able to heal completely.

"Where did you get those from?" Aoba asked. Noiz stood up and walked to the kitchen, rinsing his hand under cold water. Why didn't he look the slightest bit bothered by the pain?

Once Noiz was finished cooling it down, Aoba wrapped it in a fresh bandage.

"Oh, by the way, thank you for Ren." He said.

"Well, fixing your dog just kind of happened. If you have to know, I had a personal interest in your Allmate here."

"Interest?"

"I wanted to find out if your Allmate is what let you beat me in the game. And I saw the virus and got rid of it. And I didn't really have a motivation beyond that. That's all. You know, you two are way too nice. Or maybe...you're going to try holding all these favors over my head."

"What favors?" Aoba asked.

"Noiz, unlike a lot of people in this world, Aoba and I aren't the kind who will do something and expect something in return," Akira explained, "That's selfish and if we expected to be given back each time we did something, then...well...It just isn't right." Noiz stared at Akira, before finally looked to Aoba.

"Hey," He paused for a moment, "Let's go eat."

"Huh?" Aoba asked. Noiz stood up, putting his hands into his pockets, and then began to walk out, "Hey! Where are you going?"

"Shopping."

"Hey, I wasn't finished with your hand, you know."

"I guess, we're leaving." Akira said as she stood up, and went after him, grabbing her coat and slipping on her boots.