Chapter 10. Echt

Making their back to Glitter through the alleys took longer than they had originally believed, but it was better to remain out of sight. And though being approached by someone who asked them what happened was the last thing on their minds, it was still best, because it prevented them from getting attacked by light drugs or shows.

"We're almost there." Aoba assured, after a little while of walking, "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, sort of." Noiz answered. Suddenly, a figure in a dark hoodie stepped out of the shadows. They came to a stop and they looked back, seeing two more, all of them holding metal pipes.

"Bastards won't give up." Noiz said. Aoba narrowed his eyes. Akira released Noiz and she pushed them back into the wall, so she could stand in front of them and in between the two on one side and one on the other. She looked between them and they all rushed forward. She waited for her moment and once she was within reach of them, one made a strike to her with the pipe, but she tumbled out of the way. As she came up, she struck on in the chest. Before he could fall, she grabbed him, flipped around and used him as a shield as another one made an attempt to hit her. She released the guy she was holding and jumped onto his shoulders, causing him to hit the ground. She rose her arm above her head, stopping a pipe as it came down and struck her. She winced, as a searing pain of heat spread through her arm. She grabbed the pipe and twisted  it out of his grasp.

"Wow. Akira's a badass." Noiz stated.

"She had to survive somehow on those streets." Aoba replied.

"Master!!" A voice suddenly called. He and Noiz looked up and saw Clear jump down from a building.

"Clear!" He landed on his feet and rushed to aid Akira.

"You better not be mean to my master or Miss Akira!" Clear said. He grabbed on and struck him the the ground. The one on Akira struck her in the abdomen. She gasped and fell to her knees, trying to catch her breath. He picked up his pipe and turned his attention on clear, swinging the pipe to hit him, but he kept backing away, staying out of its reach. As he made one more strike, Clear grabbed his arm, stopping him. He exhaled, steam escaping his mask. He flipped the guy over, throwing him quite a few feet away.

"Master!" Clear cried. He looked back, seeing as Akira was thrown into a wall and Aoba struck in the side. Clear froze for a moment, before rushing to their aid. He pushed him back, then struck him, sending his several feet away and out of the alley. Clear walked toward him.

"I won't forgive anyone who hurt my master and Miss Akira."

"Now, wait. Hold on, Clear." Akira gasped, but she stopped as she felt a sharp pain. She grasped her side and leaned into the wall.

"You better apologize to them."Clear started to punch the guy relentlessly, yelling at him to apologize. Aoba and Akira came to the edge of the alley watching.

"Hey, Clear. Cool it." Aoba said.

"Clear, stop. He can't help it." Akira added.

"Say you're sorry!" Clear yelled.

"Stop it, Clear!" Aoba demanded. Clear stopped himself, then looked back to Aoba.

"Master?"

"You kind of overdid it, don't you think?" Clear stood up.

"Master..." Akira smiled, gently, but soon she saw the guy stand up, pulling something out of his pocket. He pushed Clear back and then splashed something in his face, before taking off. Steam covered Clear's head. He groaned and then started coughing.

"Clear!" Aoba and Akira cried.

Aoba and Akira were finally able to bring Noiz and Clear back. Akira agreed to let Aoba be the one to care for Clear, while she took care of Noiz. She brought Noiz to a room of his own, where she started to treat and bandage Noiz's injuries.