Chapter 20

It had been two months since I finished initiation, I had my own apartment and Eric came round every day, he probably spent more time at mine than his own, we decided last night to show everyone we were together.

We were on top of the roof, one of the only places we could be together.

"I'm tired of sneaking around," Eric groaned, I knew as a leader he was used to just doing whatever he wanted.

I sighed, this topic had cropped up more and more recently, and I could understand Eric's frustration, but I also stood by my reasons.

"But what if they think I'm just using you, if I used you to climb the ranks and get past Initiation?" I said, he pulled me closer, "well, let them think what they want, we know the truth- and if they say anything I'll make sure they eat through a straw." He promised, I hit his bicep with my fist, "no." I told him seriously, "I'm terrified whenever you fight."

According to Dauntless members, Eric has only ever lost one fight to my brother back in their Initiation, and he fights so mercilessly, especially when he was angry.

"It's Dauntless, fighting is second nature."

"You know exactly what I'm referring to, do I need to remind you once again that your not infallible, there's repercussions to your actions." I didn't want to admit it out loud, but I didn't want to lose Eric, I couldn't stand the thought.

"You don't need to worry, Sash, I'm not going anywhere."

How he had the ability to read my thoughts so easily astounded me.

"Sasha, honestly, I couldn't care less about others, I just want to be able to do whatever we want without sneaking around."

Sighing, I gave in a nodded "fine," I leant against his chest and Eric kissed the top of my head and held me closer.

Me and Eric walked into the dining hall hand in hand, I felt hundreds of eyes shift and stare at me, it wasn't unusual for Eric to have a slut with him, but it was for him to have the same one in the morning.

"Is it going to be like this everywhere?" I asked.

Eric nodded, he was used to the attention and the gossip, though no one dared say anything while he was in earshot.

"Probably looking at you, beautiful," I rolled my eyes.

"As beautiful as a dying animal?"

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you Sash."

"Really? I thought it brought out my eyes."

The table automatically went quiet as we sat down, and I caught Tobias glaring at Eric, and Eric trying to ignore it by looking over at the leaders' table longingly, I kicked my brother from under the table and I saw his lips twitch in pain.

"God, seriously guys!" I rolled my eyes, "he's gonna be here from now on so stop acting like statues."

I felt Eric's shoulder shake with suppressed laughter, it was as if a spell had been lifted and conversation flowed back into the table.

"Eric."My brother said with a nod.

"Four." Eric replied.