Chapter 22

"Evening you dirty stop out." Tobias greeted, I looked up from my food and literally growled, "you did not just... Growl at me?" He asked astonished and I smiled sweetly and pushed my coconut cake towards him.

Coconut or chocolate is his favourite.

"Thanks," he mumbled and started to shovel the cake into his mouth in incredible pace.

"Are you still okay to look after Diesel tonight?" I asked and he nodded, apparently the beers he was supposed to be having with the guys were quite manageable back at his place.

"I'll drop him round in the afternoon- so some of your hangover has a chance to subside." Tobias joked, spraying me with slobbery cake crumbs.

Exaggeratedly, I wiped my face and got up "I'll see you tomorrow then, when you've learnt to be a human being and not a chimp from a zoo," I walked out the dining room and back to the parlor, I swapped spaces with Bud on the desk so he could have his break.

I doodled on my pad, the squiggles turning into a intricate pattern, I heard someone clear their throat and I turned to see Eric and Tori staring at me.

"Yes?" I questioned, smiling at my boss, while raising an eyebrow at my boyfriend; he was the reason I looked like crap all day and had sore muscles from sleeping on the stupid net.

"Eric has come to collect you," Tori told me.

"But my shift doesn't finish for another hour." I said, confused.

"You are leaving early, to get ready." Eric explained.

I nodded, quickly giving Tori a hug and thanked her, the studio hadn't had much booked in, but there usually wasn't. Dauntless aren't creatures of habit, they're spontaneous, it kept us on our toes.

"Did you get in on time?" Eric asked as we headed towards our apartment, "yeah but I looked like crap." I replied and he smirked "me too," Eric agreed, opening the door.

I went straight to the shower, I heard a knock on the door "it's open," I called over the sound of the spray, the door opened and a towel was lobbed onto the holder

"Want company?" I heard Eric ask, in response he had a empty shampoo bottle launched at his head.

Once the hot water had begun to turn cold, I finished the shower and grabbed my clothes, quickly throwing them on. "Eric." I called as I walked out and went to the kitchen and plucked a bottle of water from the fridge, Eric came in wearing a dark red vest and combats, he kissed my forehead before stealing my water and taking a swig. "Let's go," I said, grimacing at the bottle he held out to me, "you can keep it."

"You'll gladly kiss me but you wont drink from the same bottle?" He questioned, laughing.

"Yep."

We headed to the Dauntless front entrance, Maddie, Lynk and Maxine were already standing there when Eric and I appeared, I ran up to Maddie and squeezed her into a huge hug "it's been so weird without you." I told her "how have the patrols been?"

She pulled a face "the Factionless have been getting more violent by the day, Abnegation are being attacked by Erudite which mean they can't do half of what they used to do, I'm surprised that there hasn't been full out riots yet."