Chapter 1

Hey guuys! So yeah, this is the first chapter of this book. I hope you comment your thoughts away and vote your hearts in this story! I hope you like it because I really do! HAHA! :)) Happy Reading lovelies!

“Luke? I’m sorry for disturbing you,” I am currently talking with my best friend, Tessie, on the phone. Jeez! It’s the middle of the night and she’s still up! What is wrong with her?

            “What is it Tessie? What happened?” I timidly asked her. If she called me at this hour, something must be up. Then, I hear her sobs on the other line that made me sat up and made all my organs worked rapidly and my brain process a lot of things.

            “He-He’s hurting me again!” her voice was almost like a whisper. Fuck! I immediately stood up, grabbed my jacket and changed into my pants and shirt and rushed to her house which was only 10 minutes away from our house.

            Tessie has experienced a lot of suffering from her father. Her mom is working away abroad who remarried already and she’s with her father who hurts her physically. Once, my best friend came running to me while crying saying that her dad whipped her body with a rod. It left a bruise on her back which made my blood boil and my scalp prickle. That man is such an asshole!

            I arrived at the front door of her house where I hear her cries and muffled shouts. I turned the knob but it was locked. Crap this shit! I kicked the door open and I found my best friend lying on the floor with her legs bruised while her father is holding a chair high up in the air like he’s going to strike her again. I immediately ran and punched him straight in the face.

            “Luke!” she screamed. Her voice only made me mad by the minute. Seeing her like this makes me want to kill her father! I whipped my glare at the man who was wiping a hint of blood on the corner of his mouth. He still has a smirk on his face!

            “You made the wrong choice of running here boy,” he wobbled up, holding at a chair to keep his balance. I scoffed.

            “Shut the hell up!” I shouted and let my fist fall on his face again and again until I was satisfied. I stood up and looked at him. He has bruises all over his face now. He’s not going to like that in the morning.

            “Don’t touch Tessie again, asshole!” I pointedly snarled at him and walked over to my best friend who was crying because of the pain she’s in right now. The sight of her crying makes me mad at myself. I’m worthless. I couldn’t do anything to stop this before, and now, she’s enduring the pain by herself.

            I picked her up from the cold floor, carried her, bridal style and walked to our house silently. I’m taking in her silent sobs on my chest. She’s hurt. My precious girl is hurt. That man is going to pay. He’s going to freaking pay!

            “Luke, what happened?” my mom came barreling down my room when she saw the weak Tessie in my arms. She hurriedly told dad to prepare the car. We are going to take Tessie to the hospital. I haven’t told my parents about Tessie’s condition so maybe this is the right time because this is way too out of hand.

“How long has he been hurting you honey?” Mom was brushing Tessie’s hair gently while we were in the hospital. Thank goodness Tessie has no fractures. Her bones are miraculously hard but she must stay for a couple of days here in the hospital so she can rest. I didn’t leave her. I held her hand the whole time while we were in the hospital. Her bruised legs are the death of me!

“Since Mom left and remarried abroad. He started making me take jobs and he spends the money on himself. He usually goes to a bar and gamble and to meet with his friends,” she weakly explained. My hands balled into a fist again. That man has no right to be called as her father! She turned her gaze towards me and weakly smiled.