Chapter 6

“Good morning!” Mom beamed at us the next morning. I couldn’t sleep a wink because Tessie was beside me last night with my shirt on. I was really conscious of her last night. I couldn’t even look her in the face anymore. I couldn’t muster the strength to hug her and wrap my arms all night. Is this because of the thing I figured out last night? My parents has been teasing me about it and even told me to confess because they told me that Tessie obviously likes me as well. Psh. She doesn’t even look at me like that!

            “Good morning, Tessie sweetie.” Mom kissed and hugged Tessie like her own daughter. Seriously, she’s giving off hints to Tessie already. Mom. Stop. Please. Seriously.

            “Stop that honey. Tessie is getting embarrassed and Luke can’t help but stare.” Oh right. I forgot that I have a father who obviously is teasing me too. They are trying to piss me off so I can tell Tessie my feelings soon. Sorry guys but I have no intention to tell her because obviously she’s not interested in me. She’s more interested in sweets rather than me. And even though she sleeps in my bed every night, she trusts me and maybe she’s thinking that her BEST FRIEND (pain. Oh the stabbing pain) won’t break that trust. I won’t risk our friendship (there it is again. pain) for my stupid feelings for her. And I can’t take advantage of her because she has her own problems now. I’ll just be here to support her. That’s all I can offer to her for now. Maybe when the time comes I might tell her my feelings. There’s nothing wrong with waiting.

            “Why is everyone so cheesy early in the morning? It’s not even Christmas or Valentine’s Day.” I scoffed and scooped my remaining piece of pancake with my spoon and chugged Hot Choco down my throat. Where shall we go today? We still have 3 days before we go to school again because of the short notice of Tessie’s Druggie as a Father showing up in front our house holding a freaking kitchen knife and even aimed wrong at a police man. Boy, he’s facing real hard charges against the people.

            “Why are you so paranoid pig?” Tessie’s voice made me flinch a little because I notice her too much now because of what my parent’s talked about last night. I already notice how cute her smile is when she wakes up and how she ties her hair before going to the kitchen. I didn’t notice myself that I was watching her the whole time she’s around me. Jeez! I sound like a creepy stalker.

            “Stop calling me names or I’ll call you one.” I smirked at her. Obviously, she has never won a single Insulting Name Game against me. I guess you can call me the most Insulting King of Insulting Name Game. I like that name!

            “Really? Like what? All you ever told me before was how thin I am and you only won because I got tired of your blabbering so I allowed myself to lose and I stepped down because you have a massive ego.” She placed her small hands on her waist and boy she looks like a teacher with that gesture.

            I grinned. “Platypus.”

            With that word of mine, she gasped and furrowed her brows. I bet she’s thinking of a comeback. I chuckled faintly when I saw her face light up like Christmas.

            “Booger breath.” She hissed with a cocky smirk on her face.

            “I do not have booger breath you monkey!” I groaned because this is going to be a long day with this girl on the house feeling like she’s the boss of me.

            “You do have booger breath, penguin!”

            “At least Penguins are cute. While your species, which I may quote, “THE PIRANHAS”, aren’t a tad bit close to how cute penguins are.” I think I am winning this round.