Epilogue

Epilogue:

            “Where the hell is my phone?” I muttered as I looked under our bed, under the kitchen table, under the fridge, under the cabinets and inside our closet. I have to be in a meeting in 10 minutes and I can’t find my damned phone! I sighed in exasperation as soon as my wife strode inside the Kitchen while our daughter, Megan, is cuddled in her arms. I smiled as soon as I saw my beautiful wife and my 4 year old daughter.

            “Why do you look so troubled?” Tessie asked as I kissed her cheeks before I pinched Megan’s cheeks and a giggl bubbled out of her cute lips.

            “I can’t find my phone.” I sighed and glanced around again, hoping to see that black sleek phone.

            “Daddy! I made a mud cake!” my son’s voice came barreling inside the kitchen and I saw him holding a mud cake with my phone stuck in it. My eyes grew wide as I look at my phone which is ringing with a happy birthday song. My 7 year old son just made a birthday mud cake with a candle and a singer materialized by my phone.

            “I guess you found your phone birthday boy.” Tessie chuckled as she took in Nathan’s look. I groaned as I took the mud cake from Nathan and pulled out my phone.

            “Happy birthday Daddy! I thought your phone would be a good present for you while it sings happy birthday.” I thought of being mad at this kid but I just can’t. He’s too sweet to get scolded. Instead of bursting out of madness, I chuckled and kissed his forehead.

            “Thank you, kiddo! Let’s get your mom clean you up because Dad is running late in a meeting. When I arrive home, we’ll eat outside because it’s Daddy’s birthday, okay kiddo?” I ruffled Nathan’s hair as he nodded and ran to Tessie who looks like she’s in a daze.

            “Honey, you make a fine President and a Boss.” I heard her say. I smirked and made my way to her.

            “And you make a fine lawyer, mother, and a mighty fine wife of the Boss.” I winked at her before I kissed her in her lips briefly and exited our house to go to the meeting I was talking about.

            I now own a large company mainly about electronics while my wife, Tessie, is working as a Lawyer at some firm she put up. She’s a good one, if I might add. She won all her cases while she was pregnant with Megan and she’s doing one hell of a job balancing personal and business matters.

            “Good morning Mr. President.” All the staff who I passed by at the company greeted me and I smiled back at them.

            “Sit down.” I ordered the board of directors as soon as I entered the meeting room and caught them all standing to pay respect to the Big Boss, which is actually me. (Arrogant!)

            The meeting went well and we decided to manufacture some of our products to other countries so we can earn more than what we are now. I hope this plan works because Tessie might kill me if this flops. I get some ideas from her and she’s confident that it won’t flop like my ideas. I guess she’s the perfect pair for me.

            Sitting inside my office was relaxing. The look outside the large window behind me was breathtaking and I constantly think about all the things that happened in the past and what will happen in the future here.

            I turned around and my eyes landed on the pictures displayed on my cabinet. There were pictures displayed when Tessie and I were still in high school and she was playing with my hair. There’s a picture when we got married and I was carrying her in my arms while tears were pouring from her eyes. A picture of us holding Nathan and Megan in each of our arms was also displayed. And of course, the pictures of my parents will never be absent. Both of them had retired and are currently living beside us. I never permitted them to leave my side now that they are getting old.

            I guess my life has had a lot of ups and downs, but that was all worth it. I had great parents, a loving best friend and lover and wife, sweet little kids who are sometimes annoying the shit out of me because Tessie told them to do so and business that will help my kids grow up into such fine people.

            A smile is all I can give with what happened before, what is happening now and what is still waiting to happen tomorrow.

P.S. Tessie’s still a neat freak as ever. And I love her for being like that though I’m still such an overgrown arse, as she calls me.

Aaaaaand! Finished! Thank you for reading this! Mwah! :*