Chapter 2 The world is a cruel place...

Warning swearing and mentions of self harm and suicide.

Sie Essen und wir sind die Jäger

It Was one month after Shinganshina fell to the Titans, your Father and Sister were found dead after the "Armoured Titan" broke through the inner gate. They were both on the cannon squad to stop it then they were crushed.

"Why, Why did this happen?" the only response a girl around the same age as you. "I guess you lost family too?" You looked up and you looked at her, after Shinganshina you lost the ability to show emotion, you were a shell of who you used to be, a happy 10 year old boy,  but then wall Maria fell to the Titans and you lost your whole family in an instant. The girl had blonde hair that was tied up in a bun and one side going over her right eye. "Yeah I My Mother was eaten by a titan right in front of me and my Father and Sister were found dead after trying to stop the Armoured titan." "I lost my Father was grabbed and eaten too, I think." "This world is Fucked." you said "here, I have some extra food rations and you look like you haven't eaten in days" "T-thank you"  you said while blushing and quickly taking the rations. "Hey there's (Y/n)" you heard Eren shouting. "oh shit I have to go I'll talk to you again." as you were walking away you said "Hey I haven't told you my name, I'm (y/n) (l/n)."  "I'm Annie Leonhardt" the girl stated. "ok Annie I'll talk to you soon.

Timeskip brought to you by Rick Harrison and his pawn shop he works there with his old man, and his son Big Hoss, everything in there has a story, and a price, one thing he's learned after 21 years is that you never know what's going to come through those doors.

"So (y/n) is that your girlfriend?" Eren asked with a smug look on his face "W-what n-no I mean I would be her boyfriend if I got the chance!" you shouted very rapidly so that Eren and Mikasa wouldn't understand you while you blushed crimson red. "Hey Eren, Mikasa I got some food, Oh (y/n) do you want some food too?" "no thanks Armin, I'm good"
"Tch, damn refugees"  you heard a Garrison soilder curse. You quickly snapped back "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY!" as you got up holding a knife you found a couple of days ago, you pulled off the best move ever the good ol "KICK HIM IN ZE NUTS" but you got punched by another guard and repeatedly kicked. "AH, HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A GAH, TITAN, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY CAN, AH-FUCK, DO! You were thrown into a wall and were knocked out.

1 year later

The pain of losing your family never went away, grief never goes away, you just have to make room for it, you knew that more than any other person in this damn refugee camp. You started cutting yourself about 7 months after losing your family and recently you tried to end it all.

Flashback 6 months ago

"I don't want to live another second without my family here with me" you raised your knife to swiftly stab your forehead and die then you heard a very worried Annie who was banging on the door to the abandoned warehouse you were In "(Y/n) PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!" this was the first time you heard Annie this distressed "YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS, PLEASE COME OUT AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS" "I'M SORRY ANNIE" you moved your arms swiftly stopping just before you hit your head,  you dropped the knife and fell to the ground crying Eren was now outside wondering what the hell was going on, then Mikasa kicked in the door and Annie seen you lying on the ground just crying. She immediately ran to you and hugged you, she was also crying while she had her face buried in your chest. Mikasa and Eren walked over to you and Annie and helped both of you up this was the first time Annie ever freaked out. Mikasa walked over to you and stated

          "The world is a cruel place, but it is also very beautiful"

Flashback ends

"I guess you're right Mikasa, The world is a cruel place, but it is also very beautiful"