(1)

Ar•ranged Mar•riage:
Noun
Definition: A marriage planned and agreed to by the families or guardians of the bride and groom, who have little to no say in the matter themselves.
Synonyms: marriage of convenience, arranged match, mariage de convenance.

"I'm pretty sure that last phrase is in Spanish." I talk aloud to myself as I study the computer screen. My parents, my loving, adoring, suffocating parents, have decided it's time for me to get hitched. Crazy right!?! I'm only eighteen and already they're trying to make me do something productive with my life. Not that I don't love my parents; I do. It's just that getting married right out of highschool was never really my plan, not that I actually have a plan. Alright, so I have no idea what to do with my life there's nothing wrong with that! A lot of people don't find themselves until a much later time in life and then they're too old to achieve their newfound dreams. Oh wait, that doesn't support my statement. Well anyways, the point is I never thought that I'd be getting married much less to Memphis Jordan of all people.

Memphis Jordan. Age: 19. Brown hair and blue eyes. The son of Brad and Fancy Jordan, my parents competition in the business world. They own their own line of state of the art hospitals. My parents own the factories responsible for making medical equipment. You'd think that my parents and his parents would get along well because my parents make what Memphis's parents need for their hospitals. You'd be wrong.

They absolutely hate each other. The reason? It's simple really, the Jordan's purposely don't buy equipment from my parents factory out of pure spite! My parents built their factory in the place where the Jordan's were going to build another hospital. They've been enemies ever since. So when my parents announced that I was going to marry Memphis Jordan I screamed, threw in a few curse words and ate three cartons of ice cream.

The thing about Kyle and Lucille Blanche, also known as my parents , is that when they decide something, it's final. I have no say and I have absolutely no rights. Trust me. I begged and ran away for a few hours (I was found immediately at Diary Queen) and even threatened to never speak to them again but I have no choice but to marry the man who hates all women; Memphis Jordan.

This whole thing started because my parents ran out of money and almost had to shut down their factory. Nobody was buying medical supplies so therefore we had no income. Brad and Fancy came to the rescue and agreed to buy our supplies on one condition. If I married their son. Of course my parents agreed immediately after hearing the details as to why our enemies would want me to marry their only son.

......

"Our son refuses to look for a suitable partner so we are forced to make desperate measures." Fancy held a hanker chef to his lips as she said this sentence.

"It has been known in the Jordan family that before the heir is allowed to take over they have to have a marriage partner. Memphis needs the opinion of a woman in order to make unbiased decisions in the business world. He refuses to do so. Therefore we will force him to marry your daughter." Brad Jordan finished what his wife was too upset to say.

"So you'll buy supplies from our company only if we give Alice to your son?" My mother asked.

"That's correct."

"This agreement will benefit both of our companies. It's like killing two birds with one stone." My father chuckled. He literally chuckled like this was the best idea in the entire world.

........

And that is how this whole thing started. I, Alice Blanche, will now be living in the house of Memphis Jordan in the mansion that his parents built for just the two of us. How wonderful. Can someone please just shoot me now?

Hey readers!

I'm just playing around with this idea. I have no clue what direction this thing is going to go but I'm really excited. I hope you guys are too!

Comment your thoughts :)

Thanks for reading <3