(12)

Memphis and I have ignored "our moment" in his closet if you can even call it that. We've been acting like everything is normal. We're just a big bunch of liars. To be completely honest, I don't understand the situation myself. It meant nothing right? So u should just be able to forget it in a matter of seconds...I can't.

Why does Memphis have this much of an effect on me? We just got on good terms with one another. This is no time to be breaking what little friendship we have with a spur of the moment action.

Bzz. Bzz.

My phone vibrates notifying me that I have a text. I look at the text message, it's from Candy.

Candygirl: You coming to the Halloween party at Nessa's tonight!?!?! Whoop whoop!

AliceNwonderland: I guess. I'm not dressing up though -_- Nessa goes overboard with these things.

Candygirl: Oh you're dressing up Alice. I've got you a costume and everything. By the way, Garrette wants you to invite Sam to the party. Feel free to ignore his request ;)

I can just imagine what costume she picked out for me. I'm probably going to be dressed as Alice from Alice and Wonderland; her all time favorite movie. How cliche. I'm not doing it! I refuse! I hate that movie because when I watch it I feel like I'm on heavy drugs. Nope, not doing it.

Against my better judgement I decide to ask Memphis to come to this Halloween disaster. As I'm walking down the stairs I see him sprawled out on one of the couches staring at the ceiling. What day is it today? Friday. Fridays are good days so why is he spacing out?

"Memphis? Is everything alright?" I ask. He immediately sits up straightening his posture.

"Oh, hey Alice."

"Hi...are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know you just seem a little off today. Do you know where Sam is? I need to talk to her about tonight."

"What's going on tonight?"

"There's this Halloween scare fest thing at one of my friends house. You're invited too, that is, if you want to be." I shrug the invitation off like it's nothing. I've been playing the part of emotionally unattached Alice. I use her when I want to avoid confrontation...so I use her a lot. I learned this from my parents.

"Uh, sure, I can come. I mean if you want." Suddenly his phone rings and our conversation dies. He holds up his index finger telling me that this call will just take a second. After five minutes of listening to Memphis argue with whoever it is, I leave to go find Sam. It's obvious that the phone conversation is going to be a long one.

I locate Sam in the kitchen chugging coffee. I've noticed that's all she really does. I catch her inhailing coffee more than I see her cleaning; which is her job.

"Girl, you have a problem. That's your fifth cup today!"

"Seventh actually." She wipes her mouth as she laughs. "I can't help it I love this stuff."

"Are you busy tonight? There's this Halloween party going on and I'd love to take you." I conveniently leave out the fact that Garrette will be there. Although Sam has come out of her shy shell, I know she's still nervous around guys. If she knew what I was planning she wouldn't go.

"That sounds like fun." Sam pours herself another cup of coffee. I pry the mug out of her hands while she gives me a pitiful look. "So is Memphis coming too?"