(3)

After Sam and I finished our coffee she thought it best to actually start cleaning something. So I had free time to wander around and get lost in my house...I'll never get used to saying that. There seems to be only two stories which I'm more than happy with. It seems that only the bedrooms are on the second floor and everything else is on the first. The first thing I notice about this place is that its too white. Its not lively at all and looks naked. All I keep thinking about is that at night this house will seem so empty and frightening. I'm a family oriented person who doesn't like being alone. Which is really sad to admit because I told my parents I would only marry Memphis on one condition, if I never saw them again.

I know I shouldn't have made that rule but I kept hoping that they would back out so I could be happy. They chose their job over their own daughter! How could they do this to me! It's not like they've actually put me first before their work though. Work always came first and if I was lucky I'd come second. That's is, if they remembered about me. They always seemed so lost in their jobs that I felt invisible and unimportant. They didn't try any harder to make me feel special when I told them my feelings. I mean, they forced me to marry a total stranger to save their work without caring how I felt. It seems I'm only important if I can help them get further in their careers.

Thinking about my parents gets me boiling. I'm in a rage and I know exactly what I should do with it. I shall visit my precious husband who must be dying to meet me. Note the sarcasm.

I wave to Sam as I march up the staircase. She's busy cleaning the living room; which doesn't look homey at all. My room is on the east wing so I assume that Memphis's is to the West. He'd want to be as far away from me as possible. I stride pass several rooms with white doors not bothering to look inside. They're probably as uninviting as the rest of this house. I come to the end of the hallway. Yep, this is his room I can feel it.

Despite what I feel like doing, crashing in guns a blazing, I knock.
And knock...
Knock again...

"Why do I have the strangest feeling that I'm being ignored!?!" I shout at the pale door. It's almost as pale as me. Note to self: paint my door. Scratch that, paint this entire house!

"Maybe because you are!" An annoyed voice vibrates through the door.

"Hear me out. Okay? I know this marriage sucks and everything but I don't want you to shut yourself up. I don't want to be here anymore than you do...Memphis please open the door."

Silence. It seems to drag on. It's as if it has claws and wants to dig into my skin. I don't like silence. After what seems like hours, which is only a few mere minutes, I see the door knob turn and out steps Memphis Jordan.

I'm shocked. Not that he opened the door but I'm shocked by his appearance. I've seen pictures of him online but they can't compare to the real thing. He has shaggy brown hair that flows in tuffs around his face. It's long enough to cover his eyes but yet it floats just above them. His eyes are a crystal blue. They remind me of the sea; I could get lost in those eyes. I take a step back in surprise. I wasn't expecting to get bathed in his beauty much less be in awe by him. He's a little bit taller than me but not by too much which is good. I don't like being looked down upon. He's wearing a black t-shirt and basketball shorts which I'm assuming is his lazy clothes. They're very similar to mine.

"Well?" He asks while giving me a confused look. I see his eyes glance up and down my body; observing me. The real question is, does he like what he sees?

I extend my hand to him feeling like an idiot but we haven't been introduced to each other so on impulse I threw my hand at him.

"I'm Alice." He doesn't shake my hand so I drop it to my side like dead weight.

"Yeah, I assumed so." He deadpans.

"Well, I just thought I'd introduce myself considering that we're going to be living in the same house and all." And the fact that I'm your wife.

"Typical."

"Excuse me?"

"All woman are the same. Always trying to find some stupid reason to say hi." He crosses his arms which I take as his way of showing me he's uninterested in our conversation.

"It's not a stupid reason. I literally just came over to say hi because we live together now!" The anger I was feeling earlier rises. "Aren't you full of yourself!? I'm just trying to be nice because I know how much this entire situation sucks. Do you honestly think I'd want to spend my time with you!?!" I thought I did until I met him that is. "Sorry for trying to make this relationship less agonizingly painful."

His looks are the only thing good about him after all. It's not that he has a fear of woman it's that he hates them. He hates me. I can see it in the way his eyebrows cave into each other when I speak. He is looking down on me and it's clear to see he's arrogant. I just wanted to introduce myself and he's taking it as an excuse for me to come onto him.

I turn abruptly and storm off to my room. I grab my purse and my car keys and the next thing I know is that I'm jetting out of this suffocating house.

"Alice?" Sam calls from the door.

I turn on my car and I'm gone. I was too hasty in my departure to think about where I was going. I can't go to my parents they're the ones who did this to me in the first place. I could go to Garrett's house. He and his sister, Candy, have been my friends since grade school but should I bother them with my failed marriage already? Garrette wins the bet. He said my marriage wouldn't even last a week much less a few hours. Candy thought that this "Marriage of Convenience" would blossom into a beautiful romance. Yeah, I really don't want to talk to them. They'll just end up fighting about who wins the fifty dollars. I should be the one who wins it. I'm the one who has to suffer.

Instead I go to Dairy Queen.

DQ is always there for me.