Chapter Two

"What are you doing here and why are you posing as Stiles?!" Lydia demanded the answer.  Void, the Nogitsune that was once physically identical to Stiles just stood at the end of the hallway, watching them.  He was slightly different now though. His hair had specks and small streaks of gray throughout it and the color is in eyes were an extremely dark brown, almost black.

"I'll tell you everything.  Just don't wreck my house please.  Now come with me." He turned and began to walk down the hall.

"Why should we listen to you?" Malias eyes glowed blue, her fangs out.  She placed her hands on the nicely painted wall, ready to scratch.

Void just sighed and turned back to face them.  He wore a black t-shirt and matching skinny jeans.  He seemed more tired than upset.

"If I wanted to hurt you I wouldn't have called back the Oni.  I could have let them kill you."

"You could have let them try." Malia growled.

"Calm." Lydia barely whispered, placing a hand on Malias arm. "Let's listen to him."

"Two Oni and a one thousand year old void fox spirit that's taken down armies against a werecoyote and a banshee?  The odds would have been in my favor so I suggest you follow me and listen to what I have to say." Void walked away.

"You were right about it being someone evil, now let's go." Malia hissed.  "You can gloat in the car."  Malia pivoted toward the door and began striding but was stopped by Lydia grabbing her arm.

"No I wanna listen to him." Lydia answered.  Malia hoped it was a joke but the look of determination in Lydias eyes shut that down almost immediately.  Malia groaned and followed Lydia in Voids trail.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're going to get your ass kicked, you know that right?"  Isaac asked.  He watched as Amory stood in the middle of a small clearing.  Surrounded by a thick layer of bushes and trees.  She wore khaki capris with a black top.  Amorys training session included her being able to take down two werewolves at once by surprise. "Do you think you can take them both?" Isaac asked

Amory just smiled, her amber eyes as beautiful as the midday sun.  The packs size has shrunken considerably since the last battle.  Derek and Cora both left and went back to a new home in the mountains about twenty miles away.  Erica went with them, unable to handle all of the stress of the pack. She let them know that if they truly needed her she'd come back...but she still left them.  The three of them invited Isaac but he decided to stay. He had a new pack now, a family.  Kira was in Mexico with her mother and Zach spent all of his time working on a way to bring Stiles back and keep his older brother Luke in his magically bound sleep. The closest thing he could find was a spell to wake them both up but trap them in a two circles of grounded bindoweed and agrimony.

"I'm not too scared." She flicked her wrist and a ring of fire ignited around her.  "I don't think either of them is willing to get burned alive."  Amory tried not to let it show but the ring of fire quickly began to die down. She needed to concentrate to hold it up.  When her brother Luke was sentenced to his sleep their connection was temporarily severed.  She now only had half of the power she held before. At first she thought she would be able to channel both of their combine magic but the petrifying sleep spell worked too well.

"They will if they know Zachs just going to heal them later." Isaac tried to sound superior at the view of her magic draining her but Amorys look of confidence and the fire rising again squashed that hope right away.  Amory may be smart but she was also very competitive and knew that if she let them see her weak they might not hold the same respect for her.