Chapter Three

The following Friday
Beacon Hills Lacrosse Team just defeated Ravenmont school and will be entering the playoffs.
Locker room post game
Scott and Liam joining rest of pack after speaking with coach.

"Nice job Scott!" Liam cheered as he high fived his alpha. 

"Thanks.  Not that big of a deal though."  He turned to his locker, grabbing a towel and shower bag.

"How can you say that?  This is like the first time since sophomore year that we've made it to playoffs without a monster attacking a game?!"  Jackson called as Scott walked into the shower hall. 

"Jackson, you were one of those monsters." Isaac teased. 

Jackson turned bright red and turned away.  "Shut up."  He pouted.

"Ah yes.  You were the wolf who became a Kanima, correct?" Void tilted his head.  Jackson just cleared his throat, putting on his shirt. 

"Uh... yup."  Jackson chuckled.  "But in my defense I didn't have any control over myself." He held up a finger. 

"Hey not to be too friendly to the thousand year old demon in the room but good playing tonight Void." Liam patted Void on the back and headed to the shower hall.

"Nogitsune."  Void corrected, questionably looking at Liam.  Then couldn't help but shed a small smile.  "But....thank you Liam." 

Liam nodded and walked away. 

"So," Jackson began, "you guys all going to the bonfire at the Den tonight?"

"Stop calling it that!" Isaac threw a towel over the lockers, smacking Jacksons arm. 

Jackson shrugged.  "Why can't we call Lydias lake house the Den.  It's where a coyote, banshee, half kanima and two werewolves live."  And werewolves spend most of their time there."

"I like it!" Liam called from the showers.  The sound of the water from the two shower heads echoing. 

"Me too!" Scott added. 

"Don't encourage him!" Isaac yelled.

"Sorry babe!" Scott replied.

"Oh lighten up!" Jackson laughed. Tossing a towel at Isaac.

"Wait, what the hell is a half Kanima?" Void asked.  Not making eye contact with anyone.  He continued to stare into Stiles' locker while he changed. 

"Cuyber voluntarily became a Kanima for the enhanced healing and speed to help hunt Luke. He doesn't have the venom or strength of one though.  And it made it a little harder to control under the full moon."

"Oh is that all?" Void chuckled. "Why not have the Tukk, Amory, return him to his wolf state?"

"It's not a spell they can just 'undo'. It took a super moon to cast it and it will take a super moon to remove it. There's one in two months though so that'll work out."

"And they lived happily ever after." Void turned toward the exit.

"Are you comin...." Jackson went to ask void about the bonfire but before he could finish asking the question the Nogitsune turned to shadows and vanished at the door.  "Never mind then."  Jackson looked around and could sense the looks his pack was giving him for almost inviting Void.  He thought for a second and shook his head.  "Sorry guys.  It's just hard sometimes to remember that he's not a friend.  Or a part of the pack.  It's just...."

"He sounds, looks and smells just like Stiles?" Liam finished.

"Yeah."  Jackson sighed.  "So you guys going?"