Chapter Ten

Heads up. This chapter may have some heavy smut and adult situations so if you're more sensitive to those things or are uncomfortable reading them you should skip any paragraph marked with a black bolded **

Lydia's POV

"He was our enemy for a while. He had done unspeakable things." I was kneeling over a small hole dug into the ground. "He said that he was only helping us to protect himself. That we weren't friends. He talked about how one day he'd be free of this town.  I always hated him. I always wanted him dead. But when Deucalion was going after me, he sacrificed himself."  I finally placed a small wooden box containing the firefly into the hole. "Goodbye Void. Thank you for saving my life." 

I stood and began walking back to the Den with Lia. I wasn't grieving the way that I've done in the past. It wasn't like losing a member of the pack because he wasn't pack. It was just sad. People that are here to help... they die.... Allison.  Aiden. Even Jennifer... Julia. We let this happen. I'll be damned if another person dies trying to help us.

________________________________________________________________________

"Game night?" Scott asked skeptically. "Okay. Yeah you're right!  We do need a night of fun."  The pack all sat or stood around the kitchen. Scott and Jackson at the island. Isaac, Lia and Lydia at the dining table. Stiles and Liam stood in the kitchen having just pitched their idea.

"Shouldn't we be worrying about Malia?" Isaac asked. "She still hasn't woken up after hitting her head at Voids old place." 

Lydia squinted her eyes and looked at Isaac.

"Old place?  Damn it! He died yesterday. Stop acting like it happened weeks or months ago." She took a deep breath. "Sorry. It's just that we've lost half of our team in a week. I'm stressed."

"You're not the only one stressed" Scott said. He turned his head, offering a weak smile which Lydia returned empathetically.
The group went quiet for a minute. Until Stiles spoke up.

"Marrin, Deatons sister decided to come see what she could do. She opened the clinic and wants to help. She's the only one who could help anyway. None of us would want any other to just wallow around if we were stuck in a bed. I would know." Stiles threw in finally.

"Okay so what's next?" Jackson asked. His eyes never leaving the counter top.

"Secrets?" Lia threw out.

The whole pack turned to her.

"What the fuck is secrets?" Jackson asked skeptically.

Lia went red now that the whole pack was watching.

"It's like spin the bottle except whoever it lands on you have to tell them something that you've never had the guts to tell them."

"Seems personal..." Jackson swallowed.

"Let's do it!" Stiles laughed. "Sounds fun."

________________________________________________________________________

30 minutes later. Seated around the coffee table in the living room.

"Okay so this bowl has everyone's name in it. You pick a name. Stand up and go whisper the secret to that person." Lia spoke softly.

"Seems easy enough. Who's first?"  Isaac asked.

"I guess we could start with a name from the bowl." Lydia reached in, pulling out a folded piece of paper.

Scott

Lydia thought for a second. She smiled and stood up, walking over to Scott and leaning over. Just before she whispered she turned and released a small shriek. Jackson and Liam both clamped their hands over their ears quickly. Wincing from the pain.