Chapter 4 The Warning

***Falcon's POV***

That was yesterday. I don't know where that wolf is now, I just hope she took my advice. I kinda liked her honestly. She reminded me of my old self, before the training. I had a slight temptation to search for the wolf but I had no need to.

                         .        .       .

          The sun was starting to set in the horizon, forcing me to look up at it's beauty. I turned my head to get a view of the volcano in the distance. I always wanted to keep an eye on that thing. I turned and started toward the hollow. I curled up in a little ball and tried to doze off; sun shining into the hollow, filling me with warmth.

                        .        .        .

I was waken up quite viciously, for the whole tree was shaking. I blinked furiously at the sleep tugging my eyes shut and slowly pulled my unwilling body up. "Wha-... I'm so tired what is it?" I grumbled. But there was no bear shaking the tree; it was the ground itself. " Rach-?" Before I could finish I herd what sounded like a boom coming from the volcano. I  ( despite the sleep attempting to pull me back to bed ) hopped out of the hollow relatively quickly and glanced over towards the obnoxious sound and shaking that had awoken me from my slumber. As soon as my eyes met the volcano they opened wide and my mouth fell open. "No.....it can't be yet......that... It makes no sense!" But as I said that smoke poured out of the side of the volcano. Before you could say 'should have gone with the wolf' I was off. I flew as fast as I could but it wasn't enough; the smoke was closing on me. "Come on! This is what I was born to do!" But fear took over my muscles and I started to drift downward. I could feel the air I was attempting to fly on getting warmer by the second, and my muscles getting weaker, supporting me only because I was driven with fear. I was desperate now, telling myself that if I survived I would be able to settle down with a mate and fly far away from here. But I felt myself slowly being dragged downward; then I felt a force equivalent to a baseball being hit with a baseball bat; and everything went black.

                  .                  .                .

One by one, my eyes slowly ( and unwillingly ) opened. I sputtered out a few words of disbelief and slowly got to my feet; and when I did my eyes went wide. " M-my tree!" I shouted; coughing out smoke at the same time. I hesitantly hopped over to my tree; which was now a heap of leaves and branches on the ground. " But....??!" That was all I could say. I stepped over the branches and leaves and twigs and peas ( There was a couple peas growing nearby the tree; yeah let's go with that. ) and found the trunk. I climbed up the trunk that I had climbed many times before and spotted my hollow; which was impossible to enter from the way then tree had fallen. I sighed and a single tear fell down my feathered face. No. I thought. I won't show any signs of weakness. I am a warrior! I spread my wings. And I will get as far away from here as I can; nothing can stop me! With one flap of my wings I was off the ground; only to fall back down  with a thump. "Ughh" I whined as I steadied myself. My feathers had littered the smoky forest floor; and so did the debris of my tree. Only one option remained: that was only a PRE-eruption. It is nothing compare to what will come next. If I can't escape a pre-eruption than all hope for escaping the real thing is gone. I had to find the wolf. I had to find Rachel. I had to find my only friend.

                        .           .        .

The land was soaked with blood and tears. Bodies were scattered on the ground. There was no sound except the wind. No sound except volcano and it's rumbles. No sound except the creature stalking the abandoned cave. Ears pricked up and nose twitching; the creature finally gave up, and headed to the forest. Picking up the scent of falcon.

A/N

Heeeeeeeey. Welp; this chapter sucks. Sorry it took so long; school has been busy and such. I will certainly come back and fix this when I actually know what to write. I know you guys deserve better. Aw who am I kidding no one reads this anyway. :(          Peace out

                            -MysteriousWolf15