Sourness

^ Roman's stronghold, or how I imagined it would look like.

This is what happens when I watch the trailer of Beauty and the Beast 5 times in a row.

The artwork is by e-designer (Alexei Malachov)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My goodness," King Felipe laughs heartily, hands on his stomach, at the tale of Roman, "That poor man must have wet himself."

By the wheezing the King makes, people outside of the room might assume that he's strangling the lad. Sometimes, it makes Roman think how fragile the king is with his condition, even in such a ripe age, he has always been sickly as described to him by the previous ruler.

A slender neck, he sees it from beneath the loose tunic of his Majesty. Roman could easily snap that neck with one hand, no effort needed. He sighs, such vulgar thoughts from someone deemed a hero of the nation.

For someone so young and terribly bed- ridden, King Felipe "The Pale" Morrison makes up for it with his intelligence and enthusiasm in court. A people person, one might say, all to ready to listen to the pleas and complaints of the populace and help. A true leader, he thinks. Still lacking in experience.

"I doubt it, your Highness," Roman replies casually, already used to the king's apparent delight to his stories, "The warden must've been surprised."

"I think that you must have look terrifying blood and guts splattered all over your clothes, sword and axe in hand." There was no malice or underlying insult in his words, quite the opposite, he's fascinated.

"I guess any folk would be terrified of me, weapons and armor on." Roman laughs, his cup of wine still full, "Like a maniac."

"Oh! No!" the king retorts, face red, clutching the edge of the table tightly, "You'd be dashing and handsome as you are. Like, those knights and princes in fairy tales. It's just that in that time, he caught you in your more unsavory moments after doing your heroics."

Roman raises a brow at that. Still not used to the king's compliments. Really, this child would say the oddest things and could never keep a straight face when talking to him.

The king stands up, going behind his seat.

"Have you ever wanted a lover?"

A sudden change of topic, Roman thinks, and an unnecessary one.

Roman could hear the light steps of his majesty pacing just behind him, impatiently waiting for an answer.

He plays with the rim of his cup, his finger tracing he circular edge, "No, not at all."

He could hear a hitch of breath just behind.

"Really?" The King Felipe sounds so eager, like he's waiting, "Not even a tiny bit interested in anyone?"

Roman stands and turns to look at him, figure intimidating, "Why are you asking?"

His majesty shudders and looks away, blushing till the tip of his ears, "Well, you are the talk of the court. Both men and women are quite taken by you, our hero."

Roman rubs his chin, deep in thought. It never really occurred to him to have a relationship outside the intimacy of a bed in a tavern or a brothel.

"Men, you say?", He threads lightly. He's trying to coax out a reaction.

"It-It's no jest," The King's eyes turned serious, "Even two men can be in a relationship now, a legal partnership! A- and as well as two women."

"You mean, like some sort of business or trade?"