Sincere

"You're not trying to get into conflict with another house are you?" Gared says as he adjusts his aim. The tip of his arrow gleaming dangerously from where they are perched.

"I have no idea of what you mean," Roman nudges his Sentinel to the right direction to get a better view of their target, "You're past this stage, Gared. Before you take aim make sure that your prey is within your sight."

"Yeah, yeah... What I meant was, are you going to fuck the little baron and break the little king's heart?" he whispers lowly. A stag tentatively moves forward.

Roman doesn't reply, choosing not to at the moment. Gared forgot to anticipate for the answer, preferring to be quiet and not scare their prey.

A swift whistle of the wind that rustled the leaves and sounded in the forest. The arrow embedded its way on an oak just an inch away from the head of the stag. Reacting immediately, it broke to a run but before it can go too far, a second arrow flies and found its way on one of the stag's hind legs.

Gared turns his head to Roman, only to see the man align an arrow again, seeing the animal stumble from its run, and with a quick hiss, two arrows are already on the stag. One on its leg, ad one on its torso.

Roman watches as it tries to hold on for dear life until it stopped moving entirely.

"That depends," he answers suddenly.

Gared blinks, and reconnects what he said to his previous question. He lowers his bow, and follows his lord's steps toward their game "Will it be another farce in the confines of a brothel? Will you make him one of your strumpets?"

"We'll see," he gives Gared a stern look that freezes the man on the spot, surprising him. Normally, they'd have a good laugh about this but in this case, this isn't that type conversation.

"You're not serious about him, are you?", Gared says, already apprehensive, "You've only just met. This isn't some fairy tale where you woo the damsel or in your case, the gentleman in distress and live happily ever after."

"I honestly don't know, Gared."

"I know I'm in no position to say this," Gared examines their game, carefully dislodging the arrows from the corpse, "This is not some summer fling with a duke or duchess, or a one night stand. Make up your mind this early. You'll put his name to ruin. Remember only you have been granted diplomatic immunity that does not include the baron."

"Why are you worried?"

"I pity any person who falls for you."

898989898989

Quentin feels lost. This man keeps throwing him in a loop.