Stones and Wood

Daang! It's good to be back! 

Peace to everyone and I hope everyone of you are having a good day/night. Pax.

98989898989898

                Mud and snow clung on his boots, a clear sign that it would be difficult to use the roads in days to come. Winter is conventional. But nobody really got used to the chores it brought.

They had just finished distributing the surplus of fresh milk to the families beyond their walls. Their land doesn't extend too far. Their farmlands make it look vast but since winter came anyone can tell that House Fitzgerald is made up of a manor of wood and stone, and several houses that are of straw and wood.

The cold bites his fingers unabatingly, left his lips chapped and bleeding. His cloak accumulates snow, making it heavier on his shoulders. He shudders thinking what it's like for people who doesn't have the luxury they could afford. If only the storms never came, then his House could provide more to its people.

He shakes his head. It isn't nature's fault, it's his inability to be more capable.

"Brother!" Devin hauls him inside and orders the stable-boys to put away the cart and care for the horses, "You could have done it tomorrow."

"You know milk spoils easily, but thank you for saving me from the harsh weather." He laughs. Owww... it even hurts smiling.

Devin steers him to the bathroom, "The tub's already filled with warm water. And you are absolutely welcome."

Truly, he sighs, he is more fortunate than others.

89898989898989898989

"Your brother really likes that sword." His page, Warren, says. The red of his hair always in contrast with his demeanor, "Bane."

They could see Devin look at himself in the mirror, no doubt, admiring himself look "KNIGHTLY". He twist and turns, looking at the angle that suits him best when he strikes a pose.

"It is the only weapon passed down in our family. An heirloom." Not many weapons were really of use to them since they toil the soil and tend to animals. Bane is a single- handed sword made from iron. It's simple. The guard is of bronze, and its grip from fine leather. Unlike most swords of nobles that have jewels and gold decorations.

"Shouldn't you or he be more careful with it then?" Warren takes a sit by him, waiting for orders.