14: Coach's Nicest News

{fast forward to Thursday}

Emerald's ankle is getting better. Better than before. Teacher said theres no practice today but its regular classes. I'm still thinking about Estuain. It started with me then to Em. I know they kept on telling me its not my fault but how am I gonna stop when my granda pa said something about passing it to another person? And I passed it to Em! Legitly after her birthday! Ugh! I hate this so much. I hate me so much... How could I let that happen? I mean a part of me is saying its not my fault cause I had no control. But more part of me is saying its my bloody fault.. What if the others got it too?

"HAILEE!"

EMERALD

"What?!" She screamed and started to freak out.

"Woah. Slow down, beautiful. You were just zoning out." I said and she calmed down and looked at me.

"Sorry." She said and I was curious what was she thinking.

"Tell me what's on your mind." I said finally facing her fully and she just looked at me.

"Um-ugh... Is it my fault you got the Estuain too?" She asked sadly. What the actual fuck.

"No! No. It's not your fault I was the one who came near you. It's not your fault. Of course someone had to calm the shit out of you. Because fire was everywhere. Me and Ashton are fire users but I was the first one to think of going to you. It's nobodies fault, princess. I just wanted to calm you down." I said while my hand was on her arm with my thumb rubbing it. She just hugged me. Of course I have to hug her back, she feels like shit. Why would she think of that? Again?

"But I pas-" she said in my ear but I cut her off.

"No buts. I wanted to calm you down. So stop saying it's your fault." I said in her ear too. Now we were hugging and we let go of each other. "Don't ever think it's your fault. Even if it is. I can't stand a day without you now." I said honestly with my heart. Fuck did I just admit I like her? Please I wish she doesn't understand she's oblivious pwease. (Like in real life *rolls eyes playfully*)

"Really?" She said smiling and she is really oblivious. I think. I don't know. I WAS GOOD AT READING EXPRESSIONS! Ok I think when I'm nervous I don't know how to read them!

"Yeah." I said still rubbing my thumb on her arm. I think I like her. Fuck. Emerald you fucked up.

HAILEE

I'm glad I met Em. She's there for me. And of course the other girls too. I was right. I'm glad I chose them.

"Thanks Em. Really." I said smiling at her.

"No problem." She said smiling back.

"Greelllo!" Alexandra greeted/shouted.

"Hey! Where were you guys?"

"Comfort room."

"Why do guys always go to the comfort room?" I asked. Em started laughing.

They shrug. Bliss, Em, and I started laughing.

"Teacher Jamaica's coming!" A classmate shouted and I went to my shelf to get my science book and went to my seat. Class time.

{PE Time}

Basketball. Not. My. Thing. Em pretty much likes it. Meanwhile the three of us don't.

We dribbled and shooted the ball. But of course I failed every time so whats the point? Before we go back to the classroom, Coach called us.

"Everyone come here!" He said and we went to him.

"Tomorrow we will have power switching of your powers. I will pick the partners. How fast can you control the power will be graded and how you used them for combat and protection." He said and we nodded.

"Ok class goodbye and goodluck tomorrow!" He said and walked away(HSM!). He seems nice today. TO-DAY. The others cheered because of his news. Who am I gonna get? I actually feel like waking up to school happily tomorrow.

"Well Alexandra's saying came true."

"Yassss!" Alex said. The four of us walked back to the classroom. I changed into a different shirt.

*dismissal*

Finally! I grabbed my phone out of my backpack and plugged in my earphones. We can't use our phones in the middle of school but only for free time like recess, lunch, and before classes. (In real life u can never bring phones! U have to have a permit or letter or if the teacher knew ur gonna bring one!)

I tapped on my spotify and found my playlist. I played the new song I found at computer time which was 'Pay My Rent' by DNCE.

'Been running now, running so smoothly
We'll never slow down
Been thinkin' now, thinking down on one knee
Time to say it out loud

When you love so good
Wanna give you every hour
If you said you could
I would give you all the power

[Chorus:]
But would you pay my rent?
Would you pay my rent?
Would you, would you, would you get your love well spent?
Would you pay my rent?
Would you, would you, would you, would you pay my rent?'

I sang some parts till I reached home. Eat. Sleep. Get ready for tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------

A/n: sorry its short😂 but i swear tons of stuff will be written 😂 time to do one of the exciting chaps😂 at least to me its exciting😂 wews so many '😂' thats my pillow Luke for ya hahaha see y'all in Power Switching! 😘👑💙