#4 - In State of Shock (pt.II)

"WAIT, DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE MY SENPAI?!?"
His voice was still echoing inside my head when I burst out laughing at his shocked attitude. His features weren't engraved with his cheesy grin as usual and he looked rather astounded, let's say upset about his latest discover.

"No, no, no, [Name]! Stop laughing at him! You'll regre-" Ryu was still hissing into my ear when I spoke, after having my eyes wiped from the tears due to my laughters.

"I've never got in touch with such a type... You're hilarious, dude" I said, causing Salty Nosyshima, as he named him before, to smile at me. I must admit that this gave me more confidence and this pushed me ahead into provoking the weird-haired guy again and again.

"NE?! HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME LIKE THAT? I'M KARASUNO'S LIBERO, THE GUARDIAN DEITY!" he screamed.

Karasuno's what..?

"Chill out, Fire Guy... I'm a libero, just like you"
I glanced at him with needle eyes while one well-built guy with black hair who seemed to be the captain reproached him to respect me since I was a senpai.
"LET'S DO A CHALLENGE!" he let out this words as powerfully as the roar of a thunder.

I approached him and inspected his features with my eyes wide open.
"What do you mean?" I inquired. Everybody else was staring at us, everybody was silent. Even the strict 'scary-when-I'm-angry' captain was.
"A volleyball challenge, of course! You're a libero, right?" he mocked me.
I took a minute to think about it. And about my ankle.

Jeez... why now? My ankle just got better. But I can't, I absolutely can't be defeated by him. He's my kouhai after all!

"Ne, girl... are you afraid? Are you a cowardly senpai?" he grinned.

Tch. You brat. You remind me my cat-like cousin. Awful.

"Nope, you brat. Let's do this damn challenge, then!" I exclaimed.

As soon as I spoke this words, Kiyoko rushed to me and told me, in a lower voice: "[Name]-chan! Don't do this... you've just healed, remember? You don't have to do it, I'll punch him in the face if you w-".
Don't laugh at me, but I simply was astounded by Kiyoko's saying. She never speaks so much. Maybe this is why everybody in the school is envious...
"Don't worry, my friend. I can handle this. I just couldn't bear to be defeated by this brat" I replied.
"But-"

We got inside the gym and I got changed with one of the spare uniforms that were in the closet of the girls' locker room.
I still was putting the shorts on when I heard his cheerful voice behind the door.
"Are you ready, girl? Can I get in?"
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? I'M STILL UNDRESSED!" I yelled, my face was hot and flustered.
"Aw jeez... why do you girls take AGES to get changed? And don't be so explicit" he chuckled.
After a bunch of seconds, I was ready and opened the door, but didn't realise he was just behind it and so I hit him on his nose.
"OUCH!"
"Oh... Sorry." I grinned and managed to hold myself back from laughing at his nosebleed.

As I got on the court, I felt emotions mixing up in my chest like a cocktail. I was happy and cheerful about being back on the court and euphoria was dominating my brain and increasing my heartbeat. But still I couldn't push down the fear of getting hurt again.

The voice of the guy took me back to the real world.
"Anyway, I'm Yuu. Nishinoya Yuu."

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello..!

I SWEAR I wanted to publish this chapter ON TIME but I had a problem with Wattpad and so I'm publishing this today with chapter #5... I'm really sorry and I hope you can forgive this DISASTER WRITER...

Shiri-Chan96 💖