#10 - It's a problem, Bro!

"We... munch... hav' a s'riiiuf prob...bro!" my best friend mumbled while munching some rice and eggs we were having for breakfast.

Yeah, he had invited himself at my place the day – or I'd better say some hours – after he called me. As my best friend, he had offered himself to walk me to school because I couldn't skip too many days of lessons, or else Ono-sensei would have made a fuss about it etc. etc.

I had a look at him, my chopsticks still in my hand. I just didn't feel like having breakfast that morning... I didn't know why.

"What?" I inquired trying so hard to keep a straight face. His cheeks were stuffed with rice just like he were some stuffed toy and some of it was sticking to his lower lip and nose, too. His eyes were wide open and staring repeatedly at my right hand with chopsticks and the rice bowl I hadn't even touched yet.

He struggled and had to help himself with some water but in the end he managed to get the rice and eggs safe into his greedy stomach.

"I said... 'we have a serious problem, bro'... bro"

I couldn't follow him.

"Wha- the heck are you talking about? Spill"

"Last night you said some really... yeah, disturbing words, let's say so"

My question-mark-like eyes were sticking to his face like pins and this encouraged him to go ahead.

First, he took a deep breath as he was about to pronounce a death sentence and then he said: "C'mooon! You said you like him!".

My body jumped along with my heart.

"So what... Can't I?"

"He's too short for you!"

"Don't make a fuss about it... Just a couple of centimetres..."

"He's 157!"

I didn't say anything just to see which way was his speech going.

"He's much older than you!"

"WHAAAAAT?!"

I swear had I got glasses, they'd got broken, shattered into a million pieces.

"And he's my boss, too!"

"SHUT UP, BRO!" I burst out and harshly put a hand onto his mouth. Then whispered: "My mom's still here at home".

"Mmmmh!" he let out a low sound to make me understand I hit him hard on his face. Since I had no intention to let his filthy mouth speak bullshit about me having a major crush on his devilish boss – who had, I have to say this, a peculiar yellowish skin – he licked my palm.

"GROSS!" I rubbed my hand onto his t-shirt.

"Bro, I swear I'll keep this as a secret... but I didn't know you like old men!"

How could he, my best friend, not know I like guys who look cute and a bit childish instead?! Especially guys who happen to have a bright pair of hazel eyes and spiky hair.

"Listen. You got it wrong! I... I have a crush on Noya-kun!"

"I knew this all along!"

Siiiiigh

"YAYYYYY! MATCH!" Hinata was jumping all around the gym. He was cheerful since Daichi announced the upcoming match against Nekoma.

"Oi, Hinata! Make sure you don't just run to the toilet again this time, BOKE!"

I laughed about Kageyama scolding little Carrot Guy. Just then, I realised Nishinoya hadn't got to practice yet. All the third-years were there. Ryu, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima were there, too.

Noticing my eyes were wandering about, Ryu burst out laughing. Meanwhile, the nice setter, the silver-haired one, came towards me and softly spoke: "If you're looking for Nishinoya, he'll be here in a while. I think it was his turn to clean the classroom, today. I'll keep the secret!". And he winked.

Then he got back to practice his tosses with Daichi and Yamaguchi.

I was astonished.

Is that so evident?!

"RYUUUU!" I thundered.

Just then, Nishinoya appeared but he wasn't alone. He was with Kiyoko and a tiny blonde girl...

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello everyone! 😅
I'm sorry for not being able to publish this chapter yesterday but we're going through wifi manteinance at home ...
I hope you liked this! I enjoyed writing it a lot, especially the first part..! Ryu is awesome lolol

Leave a comment and a vote to let me know which was the part you liked the most~ 😉

I promise I'll try to update the next chapter on Friday, so keep up!
Shiri-Chan96 💖