#20 - In the afternoon (Pt.I)

So you want to know what happened after Noya and I were sent away from the library.

To understand what happens next, we have to head a bit back to what happened before...

*That morning*

As I got up, I immediately noticed I was incredibly late. As my still half asleep brain got to know it and slowly processed the information, my eyes were wide open. I got dressed at the speed of light, throwing my fluffy sky blue polka dot pajamas away - I didn't even notice I put the pullover of my school uniform inside out. Then I ran to the kitchen, grabbed a toast and rushed to school after mumbling 'goodbye' to everyone in the house. My little brother also laughed out loud at my messy bed hair and said it looked like Tetsurou's.

Anyway, I was running down the street with the toast in my mouth and was halfway when I suddenly remembered I had left my bento box on the table in the kitchen.

As I was thinking about this, I nearly knocked down an old lady. I bumped into a trash bin to avoid her, causing all the rubbish to come out but I was late for school, so I didn't stop.

I was sweaty and dead tired when I got to school. I was lucky Ono-sensei wasn't around, otherwise she'd have got me some extra detention hours.

Phewww... I couldn't bear detention without Nishinoya. Yeah, Noya...

The day never seemed to end. It was hard to stay focused but I finally did it. I still felt a bit depressed for the exam stuff... I still wasn't talking to Ryu and Noya, but the words Sugawara had spoken to me made me uneasy about that...

Anyway, I decided I wasn't in the mood to attend practice.

*Back to our story*

Nishinoya and I were walking to my place. At some point, while we were talking, I heard a voice speaking harsh words to someone. As I turned to face the old lady which the voice belonged to, I felt like I wanted to flee, but my legs were frozen. It was the granny I had almost killed that morning and the rude words were for me.

"Aaaah aren't you happy with having almost killed me? You're crossing my path again, you lowlife scoundrel! But this time..." she yelled.

I tried to keep myself cool, since Nishinoya was there with me.

"Excuse me, madam" I politely began, with an extremely diplomatic register "I'm likely to walk here because my dwelling place is not far from here"

"HUH? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! WHY DO YOU TALK LIKE THAT, DO YOU THINK I'M OLD PERHAPS?!" the witch had completely gone crazy, so I did what seemed to be the best thing to do: I grabbed Nishinoya's hand and yelled "RUUUUN!".

We were exhausted and panting when we finally reached my place.

"Whoa... *pant* The old tiger!" Nishinoya laughed "You were hilarious!"

"Shut uuuup!" I yelled, as red as a tomato from the race and the awkward episode. Then I took the keys and opened the door.

I didn't expect somebody to be at home, so I was literally shocked to see my mother on the couch watching TV.

Oh no, no, no what can I do now?!

My brain started thinking of the most eccentric ways to flee, like disappearing or escape on a hot-air balloon when my mother noticed us were standing on the doorway, my face as blank as a piece of paper. I was screwed.

"T-tadaima" I almost whispered.

"Oh, hello" she said "So this is the famous kouhai. Nice hair, very original."

"WHAAAT?!" I yelled. Suddenly, I noticed I was still holding Nishinoya's hand and immediately let it go. My mother chuckled. Nishinoya looked shocked to be called 'kouhai', so he just said: "Hi, thanks". His face was blank, too. His reaction was exactly the opposite one he'd show when called 'senpai'. You can't see him, but if you could, you'd laugh hard as I was doing then.

"He's here to study English" I clarified.

"Uhm, yeah" my mother replied. She looked quite unsure about that. There began an awkward silence between the three of us and yes, my stomach couldn't choose a better moment to grumble. This caused Nishinoya and my mother to laugh simultaneously.

"Heheh... I didn't have lunch" I awkwardly spoke with a hand behind my neck.

"Oh, I know. You left it here. I'll get you two something to eat before study" mom said.

"Thank you, Madam!" Noya grinned.

"Uhm... don't be so formal, boy. You can call me 'mom'" she blinked.

"MAMAAAAA!" I yelled waving my arms, causing her to laugh.

"Anyway, your brother is upstairs in his room, I picked him earlier from kindergarten because he felt sick"

Great... the family reunion.

As we were eating, I wasn't able to speak a word but Nishinoya seemed to get on really well with mom. They started chatting about kitchen and cooking. I was astounded.

After that, we got upstairs to study.

"Do as if this is your h-" I started "WAIIIT!"

I suddenly pushed Noya out of my room and abruptly closed the door on his face.

"OUCH!"

"S-sorry!"I told him from the other side of the door. I rushed to grab my pajamas and put it in my closet, along with some bras and panties that were scattered in the room.

Then I opened the door to find Noya with his nose bleeding. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry, Noya... you can come in now. My room was a bit... uhm... messy"

"Oh? Were you trying to hide your pajamas and your underwear?" he asked, causing me to blush.

"S-shut up"

He started teasing me: "Don't mind, your pj's were adorable... so fluffy it makes me wanna squeeze you!" and he made some really expressive gestures. Then he added: "And your panties were sexy... Maybe it wasn't the door to make my nose bleed" he smirked.

"Y-you pervert!" I exclaimed "I can punch your nose and make it bleed more!". But the fact was that my body temperature had suddenly risen.

"Now you can sit" I pointed at a chair next to my desk "Wait for me while I go take another one. And don't stick your nose into my business!"

"Otherwise?" he blinked. I stuck my tongue out.

Some minutes later, I came back with another chair and noticed Nishinoya wasn't sitting there anymore.

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello!

I really enjoyed writing this, I hope it was the same for you with reading it!

There's nothing to do, I really like Nishinoya in distraction mode💖

Keep voting and commenting my story!

Love you all,

Shiri-Chan96 💖