#32 - I'll be waiting for you

"Uh... I really don't know how to spend my holidays this year... But I was thinkin-"
"Baaaaka" I cooed with a smile on my face while staring at the ceiling in the dark in melancholy "I was asking you... If you have ever thought of what you'll be doing with your life after high school is over".

A strange silence filled the room and the space between our bodies. I grabbed his hand and intertwined my fingers with his.

"I thought... I actually don't wanna go to university" he replied "And I don't wanna lose you. This is all I know, [Name]-chan".

"Yuu..." I murmured wiping off some tears flowing like a river from my eyes "I'm afraid of what will happen...".

"[Name]. Believe in me. Believe in us".

Exams were finally over and I was dead tired.

The day of the final ceremony had finally arrived. I was cheerful but sad at the same time.

"HEY BROOOO!" Ryu yelled in tears "I'M SO PROUD OF YOOOOOU!"

"Why are you proud of Yuu?" I teased "I am the one who's getting outta here, you know. You two have to be prisoners for at least another year!"

"AT LEAST? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? URUSEI!" Yuu and Ryu yelled at the same time, causing me to laugh.

"I'm going up there, see you two later!" I winked.

As soon as I got down with my diploma in my hands, Yuu ran towards me and held me in his arms.

"Y-Yuu" I gasped with my eyes wide open "People are... staring".

"Who cares. I love you".

But this actually belongs to my past.

I became a good student at university with no boyfriend. Who knows? Maybe it was for the best.

I didn't want to lose him. His weird hair and soft voice, his shining eyes and cheerful grin. I thought it would all last forever. But the sad truth is that everything I feared occurred and we parted. I was all busy with university, exams and playing volleyball and he... He'd live day after day with no ambition, carrying on thanks to many part time jobs. We didn't have enough time for each other.

I also tried to date some other guy, but it was useless. Everything reminded me of Nishinoya Yuu.

The ramen place we went to on our first date was closed. When I first got to know this, it was a rainy day and I had forgotten my umbrella. I was running, trying to cover my body with a newspaper that got soaking wet immediately. The newspaper I bought everyday which gave me no news about him. What a useless object, not even good as an emergency umbrella. But even though I was getting soaking wet, I stopped abruptly.

The corner in which the ramen place had always been when I was at Karasuno High had disappeared. No more red curtains, just a grey shutter with a crumpled piece of paper which informed each passerby that the restaurant was closed.

I even forced myself to walk that way to check whether it had re-opened. Every day. Every single day I made my way there, I read the same shitty piece of paper. Ryu always asked me why we walked that way every day.

"We just go the long way round every day!" he would exclaim, causing me to sigh and not give him an answer.

Day after day, I hoped that things would change. Day after day, I got used to the situation.

Until one day a new reality overwhelmed me like the violent flow of a river.

That rainy day, the ramen place was open again. It looked like magic to me.

I stared at the new curtains and a new sign hanging and at a peculiar yellow umbrella which was alone in the umbrella stand next to the door of the restaurant.

I decided to have a look.

~~~●••●••●~~~

OYA OYA OYA😂💟

Yoooh. Looks like I'm not late this time lmao
Am tired af lately tho. Sorry for the crappy chapter. Gotta go hiding from you all now *cries*.

Anyway if anybody of you is curious about it, my favourite team didn't do it to the CEV finals and first place was assigned to Zenit Kazan again...

BUT I DID GET MY PICTURE WITH MY FAVOURITE LIBERO! YAYYYY! 💟 💟 💟

This is the only chapter in which I put a not-haikyuu-related picture... a photo. I think photos are incredibly sentimental and full of emotions... AM SHIT TALKING AGAIN, GOMEN!

VERY IMPORTANT: I have to remind you that this was the last chapter of my story... I'll be writing an epilogue for next week tho

In the meantime, have a look at my one shots here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/71440123-haikyuu-x-reader-one-shots-book-one-let-me-wander

and here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/92855747-haikyuu-x-reader-one-shots-book-two-komorebi

Lots of love,

Shiri-Chan96💟