# 9 -It's me, [Name]-chan!

*Phone ringing*

"Huh?! Ryu?" I let out in a yawn "What's up and why are you calling this late?"

"[NAME]-CHAAAAAAAAN!" his loud voice made me jump on my bed and completely woke me up.

"Ne, are you crazy perhaps?! It's 1AM, don't scream like that!" I scoffed trying to keep my voice low to possibly avoid any further discussion with my mother.

"THE HYYYYYPE!"

"What?" I was puzzled by his fangirl - not even fanboy lol - attitude and because I couldn't believe he still had all that energy left... Jeez, he had school (mmmh well, we're still talking about Tanaka Ryunosuke? THAT ONE Ryu?), practice and that ramen place job I was completely unaware of... HEY, NOW THAT I REMEMBER!

"Whatcha babblin' bout, bro?! I really can't follow ya, nope" and I waved the other hand in the air as if he could see me "AND PLUS YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME YOU HAD A JOB!"

"Hey, hey, hey little tiger... don't heat up" he laughed about "First of all, I didn't tell you guys - neither my best bro Nishinoya knew it" the name of Fire Guy made my heart jump "because they could fire me!"

"Excuse me?! You keep on calling me 'bro' all day and then you tell me he's your best bro? NO WAY!"

"Don't be jealous, [Name]-chan!" he teased.

"And what's this story, then?! Are you afraid No... uhmmmm... Nishinoya and I would get you fired somehow? Huh?"

In case you saw me, you'd have laughed about my gangsta face. If it's not the case, at least try to imagine it.

Silence.

"Ryu?"

"[Name]-chan..." his voice had now a deep serious shade which, I have to be honest now, kinda scared me. Still, I waited for the rest of his line to come... I was sure that was gonna be something dramatic or an effect saying - or perhaps poetic words just thrown about with no sense.

"[Name]-chan... I'm not stupid" he said at least. I was speechless. I couldn't really get him.

"Sorry? Please explain yourself... It's nearly 2AM and I gotta get some sleep, thanks"

"THE HYYYYYPE! I WAS RIGHT!" his scream nearly pierced my brains "YOU CALLED HIM BY HIS NICKNAME! SAY IT, SAY IT AGAIN PLEEEEASE!"

"Again what?"

"Don't act like thaaaat! You called him Noya!" he mocked him trying to imitate my voice. Jeez, I could imagine him making silly and girly gestures.

"N-noya..?"

"Awwww so cuuuuute!" he sighed in what he certainly thought it was a romantic, lovey-dovey voice "You like hiiiim!"

I sighed into the phone.

Do I really?

It was true I couldn't stop thinking about him... but could you say this is what people commonly call 'being in love'? Wasn't it just admiration for his amazing volleyball skills, his speed, his perfect receives? Wasn't it a bit of envy, too? Remember that he could run, play and just stand on the court while I couldn't. This thought brought tears to my eyes and I wasn't able to speak all those things that came across my mind and flashed inside of it like traffic lights. Unable to talk about it... even to my best friend.

"[Name]-chan?" he called my name.

"Yeah?" I replied trying to keep me cool... I didn't want him to hear my broken voice and realize I was about to cry.

"I'm sorry... I'm being nosy"

"NO WAAAAY!" I managed to get a bit of brightness back "Tanaka Ryunosuke, the gangsta guy, the one who hates sentimentalism and city boys, asking for a common girl's forgiveness? I'd rather hear your adventures about your new job. Congrats, Mr. Chairman!"

"Noooo, don't even say thaaat!" he yelled - jeez, isn't there anybody sleeping at this brat's place?! - "They're evil slaaaves! And plus, there's this shorty... the evil mastermind! The other waiter warned me! A lot of guys have been fired for mocking him because of his height and..."

"Is he at least taller than Nishinoya?" I asked.

Silence.

Aw crap.

"Noooope, he's 157 cm tall!" he replied

"I LIKE HIM!"

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello! 😉

I know this chapter's a bit long but I had so much fun writing it! If you have the I-call-you-or-send-you-vocals-at-midnight-cuz-I-like-dat kind of friend, then you'll probably get me!

I hope you liked it anyways... If so, please vote and comment for it to let me know your impressions :3

Lots of looooove!

Shiri-Chan96 💖