Chapter Three

Travis P.O.V.

Okay, so I have a plan for Friday night. It's going to be perfect... If I can get this right... No, I will get this right.

I hope.

So, here's the plan. First, get Rachel and Katie to come over as friends. Then my plan begins.

It's a plan to get Rachel and Connor together! That was clear, right? Connor and Rachel both think it's about Katie and I, but only I know the truth.

Wait! I just got a great idea! I'll throw a party on Friday and I'll get everyone to play seven minutes in heaven! This way I can get all of my ships together!! Oh, this is going to be fun!!

"Travis, honey, dinner is ready!" My mom calls, standing at the foot of the stairs, smiling. She tries really hard to be the perfect mom, but Connor and I don't exactly make it easy. So, my dad isn't around much, because he owns a huge company, and has to travel a lot.

"Okay, mom! So, you and dad will be out this weekend, right?" I ask, running down the stairs.

"Yep, and I'm okay with you having some friends over. Just as long as you guys clean up, okay?" She says, smiling. It's official. I have the best mom ever.

"Hey mom, when is dad getting home?" Connor asks from his spot at the table.

"Tomorrow, but you guys will be at school. He's bringing his son from his previous marriage over... I know he's not your favorite, but I couldn't stop it..." Our mom says, putting the food down in front of us.

The kid she's talking about is Luke. He's a senior, and a total jock. He isn't the kind of person we'd be friends with. He's just so... Mean to people that we like. Well, people that we look up to, I guess. Like Percy, Leo, and Jason. Yeah, they're pretty cool. Anyways, back to the dinner.

"Ugh, Luke is coming?! That sucks, mom." Connor complains, forking a piece of meat.

"It's not that bad... He'll probably leave and go to a friends house anyway. Or we could invite Thalia, she knows how to handle him." I say, trying to get our mom not to worry about it. She should focus on herself this weekend, she deserves it... How does Connor not get it? Gods, little brothers are annoying, sometimes.

"Oh, yes! Luke was going to bring Thalia, I think. They would be cute together don't you think?" Mom says, smiling as she finally sits down in her seat. My mom is a huge fangirl, and she also kinda ships a lot of my otps! (A/N Yes, Travis Stoll is a huge fanboy. Fight me.) I couldn't have a cooler mom, could I?

---

"Connor, is everyone coming?" I ask, throwing on a hoodie and some sneakers, as I'm getting ready for school today. It's Friday and after school my plan starts. Rachel, Katie, and Thalia are coming over after school to help us set up, and I think I'm going to ask Katie out tonight.

"I don't know. People are texting me back by tonight." Connor says, grabbing his backpack and heading out the door. He waits for me the porch and we start to walk to our bus stop together. On the way, we see Frank trip over his shoelace, falling onto the gravel, and I rush over to help him up.

His leg is bleeding, already starting to scar. It's purple and blue around his knee, so let's his soulmate is wearing pants or they're in for a surprise. Yeah, it could be a guy. I don't judge. "Thanks, man. I'll be at your party later, by the way." Frank says, shyly smiling. I don't care that he's a jock, the guy is really nice.

"Cool! See you there, Frank." I reply cheerfully. There's one good thing about Luke being at our house. He attracts people, so the popular kids will probably come. *this chapter just hit 666 words*

Later, at school, Katie comes up to me. My heart starts to pound in my chest, and palms start to sweat. Gods, she's so beautiful.... "So, I heard you and Connor are having a party! I think Rach and I will be there!" She says, smiling and throwing her arms around my neck, "We should hang out more. You know, being soulmates and all..."

"Totally! Maybe we could see a movie before the party? Rachel and Connor could always hang out." I say, trying not to sound to excited to be alone with Katie. I mean, she is my soulmate, what did you expect?

"Yeah, sure! Do think Connor will be okay with that?" Katie says sweetly, tilting her head as she continues talking, "I don't want to come in between you two."

I laugh a bit, "If Rachel is there, he'll be fine. He has a bit of a crush on her."

Katie gasps and starts to jump up and down, "Yes! Oh my gods, how did I not see that before?! They would be so cute together!"

Just as I planned, bringing them together will make Katie and I closer. Am I smart, or am I smart?