Chapter Twelve + Life Update

hello my wonderful readers! i'm back! i was logging on to check up on y'all and wow we're almost at 80k? THATS FUCKING INSANE! anyways i decide this was the time for an update. are y'all ready for this?

Leo P.O.V. (back in the cafeteria)

Oh my gods. I just hit the new girl in the face with a spoonful of gravy. I was aiming for Luke but it hit the new girl. This is her first impression of me? And she might be my soulmate? Oh gods...

I run up to her carrying a napkin, "Oh my gods, I am so sorry I didn't mean to-" The girl huffs and snatches the napkin from my hand, wiping it off herself.

She turns to Hazel, "Is this how everyone at this school acts or is it just the losers?"

"Hey! I'm not a loser! I'm Leo Valdez, captain of the robotics team." I smirk, trying to remember why that was impressive again. She made me feel about two inches tall- did she do this to everyone?

"Leo, I wouldn't right now." Hazel warns, giving me her 'big sister' look that I'd seen her give Nico thousands of times.

"Oh, yeah, that's sooo cool." Calypso is fuming, "Listen here, I know you're probably just one of those guys who hates on new girls so let me tell you how that'll work out for you- It won't. I swear to the gods if you so much as breathe near me in a threatening way again- I will find you and I will personally give you & your soulmate (if she exists) a few new bruises." She huffs, slapping me and walking away.

Woah. A girl just slapped me.... That was... Pretty hot. And she threatened to beat me up... even hotter.

Hazel rolls her eyes at me, "You're an unbelievably persistent flirt." She says, walking away, following Calypso.

I shake my head and walk back to my table, slightly stunned. "Wow, Leo, looks like you just got turned down- again." Jason teases, laughing.

"Only at first, I'll get to her, just wait..." I remark, still staring after the curious new girl, she had more guts than any other girl in town...

"You say that every time. It never ends up that way, you know that." Percy says, taking a bite out of his sandwhich, "At least you should at this point."

"Stop being gross and just let me continue to be optimistic." I say back, rolling my eyes.

*Back to after school* (still Leo though)

I found her instagram account.

Calypso. Calypso, that's such a pretty name.

Should I text her? I think I'm gonna text her. Apologize for the whole gravy incident? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea- if it goes well. Which it probably won't but... I'm gonna try. Yeah.

hotstuffvaldez: Hey, it's Leo, from earlier. I just wanted to say I didn't mean to hit you with that gravy- it was meant for Luke, the jock. And jerk, but that's not important.

calypsogreenwoodofficial: Yeah, whatever. Just try not to do it again, okay? If you do I'll have to do more than slap you, and I'd hate to bruise you.

hotstuffvaldez: I'll try, but no promises. I'm known to be a fidgety person and- sorry you don't care.

calypsogreenwoodofficial: You're right there. Goodbye, Valdez.

Oh my gods. I just talked to a girl without her getting super mad at me. That's a first. Well, at least for it being a girl I liked in a more than friends way.

Woaaah. That was so cool. Actually though. I just talked to a pretty girl! Not just a pretty girl, a model. I just talked to a freaking model!!

I can't believe this. Wait until I tell Jason and Percy, they'll probably think I'm lying. Even though I'm not because I just talked to a girl. You saw that right? That's proof. I even have proof!

Wow. I might've just talked to my soulmate. That's a new feeling. I like it.

Hey y'all! So here's the life update that I promised in the chapter title.

Well, I'm fifteen years old! I am on medication for anxiety and depression and mentally so much more stable. Plus, I have an amazing boyfriend who supports me in every way. Yesterday was our three month anniversary!

I'm in therapy now for my newly diagnosed PTSD, and have a certified therapy dog named Leia. She's a pug/doxon/chihuahua mix, and she's only 7 pounds. I love her with all of my heart. Seriously. That dog keeps me aliVe.

I'm finally feeling good enough to write again. And I know you guys miss this story, so here's an update! Seriously. It's been so long. I also cut my hair, I'll totally attach some photos, even though I look about five years old. Some of my friends call me Dora as a joke.

Anyways, I love you all so much!

Have any questions for me?

Comment below!

I have a question for you guys:

Which chapter of this has been your favorite so far?

Also!

What do you look for in a significant other?

Comment your answers below!