Chapter Eight

Katie P.O.V.

"Okay, what are we going to do first?" I ask, once we've all settled in with our stuff.

Reyna answers first, "We're playing truth or dare. It's a tradition after all!" She says, more bubbly than usual. She's obviously had something to drink, even though we all told her she shouldn't. We know she won't get caught, it's just never a good idea.

"Fine, fine. But after that we're playing never have I ever, okay?" Rachel says, plopping down next to me in the circle we've formed.

"Okay, I'll go first. Hazel truth or dare?" Thalia asks menacingly.

"Um... truth." Hazel replies, blushing before the question is even asked.

"Okay. If you had to kiss one guy at the party tonight, who would it have been?"

Her blush darkens, though we all know who her answer will be. "Um... ah... Frank Zhang. He's my partner in drama, he's really nice. I don't know, it's not important. Now it's my turn. Piper, truth or dare?"

Piper scoffs, "I don't do truths. Dare."

"Oh, okay. I dare you to call Jason and pretend to be drunk to see how he reacts." Hazel says after thinking for a moment. Wow, I never knew Hazel could be so cruel...

Piper stutters, but agrees, grabbing her phone and putting it on speaker. "Hey, Pipes, how are you?" Jason answers cheerfully, though you can hear the guys murmuring in the background.

She forces a giggle, "I'd be doing much better if you were here, baby." She slurs, sounding more drunk than I thought possible from a sober person.

"Oh, no. You're drunk aren't you? Okay, where are you? I'm picking you up and taking you home right now." Jason replies, sounding very worried about his newly acquired girlfriend.

She breaks, not wanting him to be worried about, "Jace, we're playing truth or dare. I'm so sorry I had to call you, but I didn't want to worry you. See you Monday, mkay, bye!" She then takes him off of speaker, and we return to the game.

"Thalia, truth or dare?" Piper says, already knowing what Thalia will say. Piper knows what she wants to dare Thalia to do, I can tell.

"Dare. Come on, you know only losers pick truth." Thalia rolls her eyes like she's not afraid of anything.

"I dare you to call Luke and ask him out on a date for tomorrow night." Piper says, her multicolored eyes turning a dark shade of black.

"You little bitch." Thalia mutters, taking her phone and leaving the room. "I could be gone for a while, I tap in Katie to go next." She finishes, getting up to leaving the room.

"Okay, Rachel, truth or dare?" I say, turning to my best friend.

"Truth."

"Okay, what's going on between you and Connor?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at her. She didn't expect this question, I can see it on her face.

Rachel P.O.V.

Shit. I have no idea what to say. I mean, if I say I'm falling for him I sound like a bitch, because Percy and I just broke up. However, if I say nothing, everyone will know I'm lying and then I sound like I'm trying to hide something.

"Well, um... I might like him, but Percy and I just broke up so, it won't be anything too serious yet." I say, trying to play it off like it's not a big deal.

"Aww, Rach, you're blushing!" Katie points out, basically squealing with excitement.

"I am not, shut up." I say, trying to act as though it wasn't true at all, though I know I am.

The door to the bedroom opens and Thalia enters once more, "Guys, he said yes. I can't believe he actually said yes..."

"Oh my gods, Thalia has a crushhhhh!" Piper exclaims, looking shocked that she could feel something like that.

"Yes, I have romantic feelings, it's surprising I know." Thalia replies, rolling her eyes at the younger girl.

"Can we move on to never have I ever now?" I ask, wanting everyone to forget what I said about liking Connor.

"Sure we can, Mrs. Stoll." Dam it.

Reyna comes back in with a bottle of sparkling cider and we all grab a shot glass, "Okay, Rach, you're first, because the game was your idea."

"Um, never have I ever... had alcohol in a non-religious setting." I say, actually wondering who will have to take a shot of what is practically fruit soda.

Reyna, Piper, Thalia, and surprisingly Annabeth take a shot, and then refill their glasses.

•••

We play the game for a while, but soon everyone is bored with it, so we all kind of split up and take out our phones.

I have about a bazillion texts from Connor and Travis. Oh no...

Hey Rach, Connor is kind of drunk, so I wouldn't pay attention to any texts that he sends... Luke forgot to tell him there was vodka in the Jell-O shots... - Travis

Rachel, you're really pretty, did you know that? - Connor

Like your eyes are pretty and your hair is so curly and red - Connor

Rachel, you're at Renya's right? Because I think I need to talk to you. Yeah, I need to talk to you. - Connor

RACHEL CONNOR IS TRYING TO DRIVE TO YOU WHAT IS GOING ON - Travis

The last message I got was around half an hour ago, which means they should be here by now, if they ended up coming.

Ding dong. That was the doorbell...

"Rach, you've got a visitor... you too Katie." Annabeth says, walking back to the room after getting the door.

"Rachel!! Has anyone ever told you that your hair looks like fire?" Connor says as I come into view of him and the door.

"Hey Connor..." I say, not knowing how to react. The guy I like is drunk and complimenting me... does anyone know what to do in this situation? No?

Gods I'm so screwed...

Hey guys!! I'm so sorry this update took so long, but hey I tried 😂! We're so close to 30k reads I cannot believe it!! I love you guys so much and I can't believe I'm writing at a book that this many people enjoy. I'm rambling now so goodbye!