Chapter 5

The pic is for a flashback in the chapter, not the focus, but I've been waiting to use that one. Guess this'll do. Also anime reference this time! . . . . i don't remember what was supposed to happen this chapter. . might edit it later. I dunno.
[i'm so sorry]

It was quiet. The stars shined brightly overhead. The only sound they heard was from the crickets chirping around them in the grass field. The view from the mountain really was wonderful.

Everyone had finished their picnic and was now looking up at the night sky.

Frisk sent a Sans a glimpse. He looked a bit happier, more content. Even if it was only a little bit, it still made her glad he was doing a little better. She didn't expect this to solve everything, but it was at least a start, right? To her, Sans was like the fun uncle who did all kinds of mischief with you. Getting into trouble, and just plain having a good time. He was funny, not necessarily because of his puns, but because of the pranks he pulled. She figured he did it for the reactions, and she had to admit Papyrus's frustrated (yet secretly amused) expression was hilarious!
Lately, though, he hadn't been saying as many jokes as usual. He still wore that smile, rarely faulting even when something bad would happen, as if he was afraid if he stopped he'd never smile again. She didn't know how many had noticed, but to her it was heartbreaking. He just hadn't been himself ever since getting to the surface. But. . . Was that ever really him to begin with? Was Flowey right? Did he really not care?

No. She refused to believe that.

Of course if that were the case. . she had only herself to blame after all, even if it wasn't really "her".

What was it people said about consequences again?

Ah, well. Either way she wouldn't blame someone, anyone, for something she had started.

Even if it was easier to blame it on someone else.

Isn't that right?

______________________________________
This was nice. The stars were shining, the crickets were chirping, on nights like these. . .

kids like you

"S H O U L D B E B U R N I N G I N H E L L."

The fuck..? Why would say-

"it's what you think i was going to say, isn't it?"

Wait.. He wasn't saying anything. So why-?

"hey, don't ya' know how to greet a new pal? or should i say old? heh. no worries, i ain't judging. oh, wait i am, aren't i?"

"Now, now Sansy~ Don't be rude. I'm just stopping by to say hi! So how's your brother doing? Isn't running about with his head cut off again is he? Hehe~!"

Chara...? No no no-!! Not again! She's dead! Chara isn't ever coming back!

"Hm? Ignoring me now are you? You really are rude!"

What..?

"Look at me when I'm talking to you."

He felt someone grab his chin, turning his head around to face them.

"Greetings, Sans. I am Chara, the demon who comes when you call its name."

What was she doing here?

"It's nice to see you again. It's been a while, Sansy~!"

Chara stood in right front of him, only a foot away. His chin was on the top of her palm. The way she looked resembled the few past timeliness that seemed to glitch, her real appearance, not Frisk's She was slightly taller than him and was wearing the same green sweater and heart shaped locket that she had died in. Chara's skin was pale with rosy cheeks. Her short hair was a reddish brown auburn color. Still had that sickening sweet grin and red eyes that seemed to piece through your soul. In her right hand was the same knife that had killed him so many times.