Chapter 4 ~Livewire~

Ashlee sat at home when her phone chimed, it was an unknown number and she sighed, it was just a text the worse that could happen would be a wrong number. She opened it and smiled, "Maxwell Lord. Hmm." She chuckled and called him, "How did the great Maxwell Lord get Cat Grant's lowly assistance's number. Nevermind, don't answer that. How can I help you Mr. Lord?", he chuckled, "A little bird told me that much like myself, you're always alone on Thanksgiving. I figured we could eat together to not be so, pitiful." She chuckled, "I'm going to guess this little bird was Cat Grant who also gave you my number." She smiled, "Well, Mr. Lord, what do you have planned? I'm not high society and you're not middle classed, what will your fans think?", she could tell he smiled, "How about casual, Chinese take out, at your place." She smirked, "Oh, the great Maxwell Lord likes Chinese food?", she giggled and he chuckled, "Don't tell anyone, it's a secret." She smiled, "I'm pretty good at keeping secrets. How about Chinese take out, homemade pecan pie, and some wine?" He chuckled, "Sounds good. Two nights from now?", she smiled, "I'll let you know if Cat Grant will let me off early. Pecan pies can be rather difficult to make." She smiled, "I'm sure she'll let you off if you ask nicely." She smiled, "I'll see you around Mr. Lord, have a good night." She smiled and glanced around her apartment, she quickly cleaned it and hid her suit in her bedroom closet behind all the other clothes and smiled. She wasn't going to be alone on Thanksgiving. That's the first in 3 years.

Ashlee walked into Cat Grant's office the next morning with a grimace, "I think I lost my appetite." Cat nodded, "I'll throw your stuff away if you'd like Miss Grant." Cat looked at her, "Don't you have a date to get ready for?", Ashlee made a face, "Oh, um, it, oh. It's ah, it's not a date. It's two lonely people getting together at one of their houses with food and wine during the holidays so they aren't as lonely." Cat Grant raised her eyebrow and Ashlee sighed, "I just, I don't know what to make. He said something about Chinese and pecan pie so I just. I don't know. I didn't have a mom to teach me how to cook and stuff. I can bake." Cat smiled, "Sit." Ashlee did, "Maxwell Lord may seem intimidating and hard to please but he really isn't. Make a Pecan Pie, some Meatloaf, a salad, and something with some bite to it. I'll even let you borrow one of my recipes." Ashlee smiled, "Thank you, Miss Grant." She smiled, "So, I've emailed the recipes to you, print them. Go buy ingredients, a nice outfit, get your hair done, go home and cook. You have 24 hours." Ashlee nodded and bolted out of the office, "Who, who, who are you cooking for. I thought you did it alone." She smiled at Winn, "I did, this year is different. Hopefully. I'll see you guys later. Stay safe." She hurried out and into the storm brewing outside.

Ashlee was walking outside when the Catco Helicopter was struck by lightning, she quickly changed and flew into the air. The pilot fell and Kara caught him and watched as Haven got to the plane. She steadied the plane and looked at Leslie who had been speaking bad about herself and Kara that morning, "Grab my hand." Leslie did and Ashlee got struck by lightning, she groaned and tried to pull her hand from Leslie's but she couldn't. The Lightning travelled through the two and Leslie's hair turned white.

Ashlee went a visited Leslie by herself and sighed, "I am so sorry." She placed her hand on Leslie's and glanced down, "Cat said she thought you'd be here. You and Leslie had a bit of a friendship." Ashlee nodded, "Yeah. A little one. I feel so bad. I should've watched the weather patterns and told Cat it wasn't a good day for it, the risk was to high." Maxwell looked at her, "Hey, you couldn't have known this was going to happen." She glanced down, "I bet Haven feels awful." Maxwell sighed, "Atleast she tried, more than Supergirl did." Ashlee glanced down, "Let's go, she needs her rest." He nodded and the pair walked out of the hospital room of Leslie Willis.

Maxwell and Ashlee walked down the street, "I'm so glad the City is focused on Leslie to not be worrying about who the mystery girl is with Maxwell Lord." He chuckled, "Sorry, that was insensitive of me. I'd much rather the city think of me as a mystery girl than Leslie being hurt." He looked at her, "You truly care about people don't you?", she nodded, "Yeah, I think it's going to be my downfall one day. Trying to save someone with words and love instead of action." He softly smiled, "Are we still on for dinner at your place?", she nodded, "Of course if you're really up to it." He nodded, "Of course I am. I'm looking forward to it." She smiled, "Well then, I guess I better get to cooking and baking then." He smiled, "You do realize we still have a full day right?", she nodded, "Of course I do, I just want it to be perfect. I don't know why but I do." He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek, "Don't worry about it Ashlee, it will be fine." She smiled, "I hope so Maxwell Lord, I certainly hope so."

Haven On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara