Chapter 15: ~Solitude~

It had been a few weeks since the happenings with Max and everything was good. Though Ashlee had her doubts and rightful so, she was scared to fully trust him. She was training with Alex and the woman could tell her friend was distracted, "What's wrong?", Ashlee sighed, "Am I foolish?", Alex froze, "What?", Ashlee farrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, "Nevermind, forget I asked.", Ashlee turned to walk out of the training room, "No, what's wrong?", Ashlee froze and Alex could see little girl behind the woman in front of her, scared to trust and care, "Am I foolish to trust him?", Ashlee paused, "Kara needs me.", she turned and flew off, going to Kara.

"Fashion. Speak.", the lady spoke and Ashlee made a face, velvet, gross. "Oh. Try crushed dreams. Anyone else?", Ashlee walked in, taking the package from the new assistant and opening it, "Ms. Grant, how would it make you feel if I told you that my lowly life isn't complete without you as my boss.", James, the new assistant, and Cat all looked at her. Ashlee dumped the package into her hand, "A thumb drive and letter, Ms. Grant.", James smirked as the new assistant stepped back and glared, "Make the liars pay for their lies, make the cheaters feel the pain of their betrayal.", Ashlee spoke, "The website for adulterers, DiamondsDiscrections.com.", she raised an eyebrow and looked at Lucy, "Isn't this suppose to be unhackable.", Lucy and James nodded at her, "Hmm.", Lucy spoke up, "It was hacked by an anonymous hacker last night. None of the data they took has been released.", Ashlee spoke, "The hacker wanted it reported by a major media outlet. Like Catco.", she looked at Cat. Cat tossed it to the new assistant, "You, brown hair, put it in the microwave.", Ashlee grabbed it, "Yeah, no. That could kill us.", Lucy stepped forward and started speaking, Ashlee feeling the eyes of the new assistant on the drive. She turned, "Ashlee, stay. Let's talk.", she smirked and turned back around, looking at Cat and taking a seat. She crossed her legs and rested her hands on her knees. Kara, Winn, James, and Lucy all smiling as the new assistant took a seat and watched.

Ashlee was now standing by Cat's side, as an advisor. "Thank you, Cat, for letting me come back.", she looked around outside in the bullpen, "I didn't realize how much I would miss this. I took it for granted.", Cat looked at her, "I took you for granted and I took the first chance at having your spot filled. What do you think about her?", Ashlee turned, "Your new assistant? I don't trust her, nor do I like her. There's something off about her. She's going to do something and everything you hold dear will be taken from you.", Cat looked at Ashlee, who turned, "I'm serious, keep an eye on her.", she turned and the TVs began to go static. "Greetings Catco employees. I'm disappointed in all of you.", Cat and Ashlee walked out of Cat's office, Kara and Ashlee sharing a look, "Especially you, Queen of all Media.", Cat spoke, "I suppose you're the hacker that sent the drive this morning. Hmm. What do they call you? The Peroxide Avenger?", the lady spoke and Ashlee felt the assistant staring at her pocket, "I handed you the story of the year. How sinners have turned the Internet into a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. But you failed to act. And so now, all will suffer.", Ashlee farrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest, Winn glancing at her, "Computers control everything. Communication, banking, even traffic signals. The age of chaos begins now. Enjoy.", Kara stood and Ashlee lowered her arms. "Winn, fix this.", he nodded at Ashlee and she looked outside, "Call the police, all the lights turned green.", Ashlee turned and disappeared without anyone noticing. Kara went to follow but Ashlee shook her head. Ashlee changed and ran, flying into the air, "Library Avenue.", she left with a book and picked up a Prius with a family that was about to be t-boned by a semi. She sighed and glanced around. She sighed and put them down gently before flying off again.

She walked in the next morning with five coffees and donuts, "In related news, the initial attack on DiamondDiscretions.com seems now to be the opening salvo in a full-fledged cyber war, which has sabotaged infrastructure and left financial markets plummeting. Dozens of Banks and lending institutions, including National City Mutual, released a statement calling this the worst digital breach they have ever seen.", a worker stood up by Ashlee ignored him. "If this attack doesn't stop soon we're looking at a world-wide economic collapse.", Cat walked in, Lucy and James following her, "Relevant people! In my office.", Ashlee placed the coffee and donuts on Winn's desk, "The one up front of the right is yours.", he looked at her, "You remembered my order?", she smiled, "Of course I did.", before she went into Cat's office. "National City's entire mainframe has been breached by a cyber-terrorist attack and nobody knows why they're doing it, or who, or when they will strike again.", Lucy spoke and Ashlee felt Sarah, was that her name, staring at her. "This is about National City. Our home is under attack. And we have no idea how this is going to end. James Olsen.", Ashlee glanced at her friend, "Yes, ma'am.", Ashlee smirked, "First, never call me ma'am. This is not the Old West. Second, circle the wagons. We are going to put ever investigative team we have on this. Freelancers too. We are going to identify the hacker. We end this.", Cat looked at the assistant, "Get my investment broker on the phone.", she stuttered and Kara spoke, "I'll get him right away, Ms. Grant.", Ashlee smiled slightly, "I will get Winn and we will go and work on locating the Hacker. He is the best computer guy we have.", Cat nodded and she walked out, "Winn, you're coming with me.", he nodded and rushed with her. "Where we going?", Ashlee turned, "Kara's get all your fancy computer stuff.", he nodded and they left.

Ashlee stepped out of Kara's bathroom, "Diabolical would not be an inappropriate word choice for her.", Ashlee spoke, "Neither would Alien.", they all looked at her and she raised an eyebrow. A hum sounded from the computer, "Smart, for an ape.", Ashlee rolled her eyes, "Let's meet. Now.", it was a glare and the lady came from the screen. "Supergirl and Haven. What exactly makes you so super?", Ashlee stood in front of Kara, Winn, and James, "The symbol of your people. The font of knowledge. She knows everything about us.", Winn went to speak but Ashlee tossed him, Kara, and James as the lady punched and Ashlee was blasted out the window. She threw Kara as well, Ashlee flew up, "Which one of your friends-", Ashlee hit her with her laser beams and she dropped Winn and James, Alex and Hank rushing in and the woman running back into the computer. "Thank God we have our own personal Black Ops unit.", Ashlee spoke, "Kara, you need to go to your cousin. He will have more information that I do.", she nodded and Ashlee turned, looking at Alex and Hank, "I fear this being will go to Non. We are in danger, even if she didn't go. She's done something.", Ashlee turned and left. The others looking at her.

Ashlee walked in, "I came for Winn.", Ashlee froze, "Oh, then I'm coming with.", Ashlee dropped of James and Lucy's coffees and handed Kara hers, "Let's go, We have a hacker to catch.", she stepped into Cat's office, "I'm taking Winn again Ms. Grant.", Cat nodded and Ashlee handed her a latte and a grilled chicken wrap, "Be careful who you talk today, someone stole the flash from us and made a copy of it.", Cat looked at her, "Have you an idea?", Ashlee glanced around, "I'm also having Winn locate the computer the copy was made today.", Cat nodded and Ashlee spoke, "It was someone from the office, because that drive was under lock and key, and hidden.", Ashlee walked out, "Let's go.", she walked away and Winn followed, "Don't trust Siobhan, my flash drive was stolen from my desk. The flash drive.", Winn looked at her and his eyes widened.

"James has accompanied Kara to Superman's hideout, they'll somehow figure out about the hacker and possibly what Myriad is. I think it's a Coluan, possibly a member of the Brainiac Clan. I know Non had a thing for one at one point, her name was Indigo. I'd bet she come from Fort Rozz.", they all looked at her and she shrugged. She sat by Winn and their eyes scanned the code, Ashlee completely zoning out of the conversations happening. She froze, "Back on Krypton, Indigo was wanting to kill us. The list included the one person who would allow her to kill the occupants of National City.", they all looked at her, "Indigo has the nuclear launch codes. She going to nuke the city. She needed the General to be able to get into the base. Where's the General now?", they all looked at her and she had wide eyes. Ashlee ran out, in her suit and took off. She met Kara in the sky.

They broke into the Fort and Indigo smirked. The three starting to fight, "It's over, Brainiac 8.", Indigo looked at Ashlee and hit her but her arm was caught and twisted, "For the human race? I agree.", Kara and Indigo were fighting, "Nuclear Launch sequence activated.", Ashlee turned, the countdown as began. Ashlee launched after the missile as Kara fought Indigo. "Hank, I need help.", she listened to his instruction and grabbed the missile and got to the computer door, "What do I pull out?", Hank chuckled and gave her a kill code, which she put in, falling before the last number, she grunted and climbed again, pushing it it and the rocket fell into the ocean. She let out a breath of relief and flew to the DEO, "Hold on Kara.", Indigo reached through the screen and Ashlee grabbed her arm, pulling it from Winn's throat, "I am a God.", Ashlee snarled, "You're a glorified Windows Vista.", the virus uploaded and she glanced at Winn, "Get a glass of water you morons!", she snapped out and held Winn, "Are you okay?", he nodded, "Winn, you're a genius.", he chuckled and hugged her. "Well, maybe.", she giggled, "Let's go eat.", he nodded and they walked out, Ashlee having changed into skinny jeans and a blouse, matched with flats. She smiled at Winn and he looked at her, "Where's Max?", Ashlee glanced down, "Well, I don't trust him nor myself around him. He made me a fool, twice. I wasn't going to let it happen again.", Winn smiled at her and wrapped an arm around her. "Alex has an undercover detail on Max and we have broken up, permanently.", Winn nodded and she smiled, "You like Sioban.", Winn stuttered around and she sighed, "I don't like her, nor do I trust her, but you should still give it a chance. How then, Chinese or Mexican?", Winn looked at her and raised an eyebrow. They were friends again and Ashlee was happy.