Chapter Six

(August, 1964. New York, NY.)

I'd decided to meet the boys at the hotel. The Beatles were in town for the premiere of their first movie, 'A Hard Day's Night'. I was waiting for them to get dressed; as I sat in the living room of their penthouse listening to the radio, I was trying to keep my mind off of Danny.

I'd been trying not to think about that whole incident since it had happened. I'd tried calling Danny, but he wasn't answering. Marian told me he was still coming to the movie premiere, and that they were sharing a cab. 

We were supposed to meet in the lobby of the hotel and then all go to the premiere together, all seven of us. I wasn't sure of how things were going to go over, since Danny was...since the incident. I figured Marian would be fine, maybe a little starstruck. And as for the Beatles...well, there was no telling how they'd act, in terms of goofing off. 

Suddenly, the radio started playing 'Where Did Our Love Go' by the Supremes. I started tapping my foot. I found that kind of dancing to the song was getting my mind off of Danny. Soon the dancing moved up through my feet to my legs, then my arms, until finally I was full-on dancing around the room. I kicked off my shoes and the dancing escalated. I hopped up onto the couch and then jumped down, starting to sing along. The song ended, and then 'Rag Doll' by the Four Seasons came on. This dancing was more swaying and nodding along, since the song wasn't as dance-y. I just kept dancing anyway, and spun around in a circle during the chorus.

In the middle of the spin, I felt hands on my waist and someone singing along. When my eyes focused post-spin, I laughed, seeing that it was Paul.

" 'Rag doll, such a rag doll, though I love her so, I can't let her go'," Paul sang along. When the song slowed to just the 'ooh's' and the drums, Paul stopped and jokingly shook his hips like Elvis. 

I laughed, and we continued to dance. 

"Hey, when do I get a turn?" John said. I turned to see him leaning up against the wall, arms crossed. 

"Next song!" I said.

"I was here first!" Paul said, sticking out his tongue. 

"Boys, don't fight over me, please," I joked. John came over and shoved Paul away, and twirled me around before dipping me down. 'I Get Around' by the Beach Boys came on. John and I then danced, except he was dancing so goofily that I couldn't stop laughing.

Soon, George and Ringo appeared, all taking turns dancing with me. Of course, Brian ruined the fun by telling us that we had to get in the cab to go to the theater. 

" 'I get around, from town to town, I'm a real cool kid'," George sang to himself as we waited for the elevator. 

"Sure you do, Georgie," John joked. "You get around!"

"That'd be Paul," George smirked.

"Hey!"

"Boys, settle down," Brian said. "You're meeting Eva's friends, remember? Play nice."

"I always play nice on the schoolyard," Ringo interjected, pretending to punch Paul.

I didn't say much, I was so nervous about the Danny situation. I didn't know how everyone would get along...