Chapter 1-Edited

When you first met Nico you were about fourteen years old and had arrived to Camp Half Blood. You were heading towards your cabin when you heard a group of campers laughing at two figures. You noticed one boy shielding the other as the campers threw sticks at them. The campers cackled as they taunted them for being gay. Lowering your eyes, you thought about how the bullies back home made fun of you because of your test scores. Clenching your fists, you took a deep breath and tried not to get too upset. A sudden urge to tell the campers to stop came over you, and before you knew it, you were marching over towards the group with bags in tow.

Some of the campers sensed your presence as you walked past them and looked up, stopping what they were doing and watching you . "Hey! Leave them alone!" You shouted as your e/c eyes got covered by your bangs. All eyes were on you as you stormed up to who you assumed was the leader. Clamping your hand on his shoulder, turned him around to face you. He blinked in surprise before he composed himself and plastered a devilish grin on his face. Looking over his shoulder, you saw one of the two boys look up at you, his black hair lifted up by a small breeze. His dark eyes locked on yours and you almost stopped breathing.

"Why don't you make us," the boy in front of you teased as a smirk etched onto his freckled face. Rolling your eyes, you dropped your bags and grabbed your knife from your belt . Twirling it in your hand, you looked up at the male . His face paled and the smug look he had worn wiped clean off of his face.
"Okay then, I will, " you consented as you looked him in the eye and gave him a sly smirk. His eyes hinted that he was nervous, telling you that he wasn't very confident in this situation. Your mind raced as you thought up of different strategies to use against the bully. 'He's a bit on the heavy side, I can use his size against him since I'm smaller. He also shifts his weight onto his left leg, he's broken it before?' Motioning for him to draw his weapon. You looked over at the victims and saw them now standing by a boy with dark hair and sea-green eyes.
"You're going to lose, princess, there's no way you can take down a son of Ares, " you heard the boy in front of you boast as he drew his sword. You narrowed your eyes and waited for him to come after you before you started your plan. He lunged, making you step to the side as if his attack was nothing. 'Clumsy fighter, I can trick him into going into a vulnerable position,' you thought as he went to slash your throat. You dodged to the side and dropped to the ground and roundhouse kicking him on the left leg. The boy yelped and toppled to the ground while clutching his leg.

You gave him a smirk and stood up, holding out your hand towards him. He looked up at you and grabbed your hand. "Rule number one, always observe your opponent's weakness," you stated you helped the boy up. He gave you a curious look that turned into pure rage. Before he would let go of your hand, you gripped onto his tighter and judo flipped him. "Rule number two, control your emotions and never trust your enemy." Livid, the boy got up from the ground and charged at you. Sidestepping him, you grabbed his sword arm, disarmed him, and kicked him in the torso. The boy gasped in surprise as he clutched his stomach and panted. Stepping in front of him, you held the end of his sword, making sure the tip was pointed towards you, and offered it to him.

The boy looked up confused. "How do you know I won't stab you?" Your eyes darkened as they narrowed at him . He flinched as he saw your expression and looked into your eyes . Putting your knife back into your belt, you looked around and saw the campers watching .

Leaning down to his ear, you said, "We both know that your conscious couldn't handle it." The boy's body slumped, . Pulling away, you looked up at the other campers' shocked expressions. "Anyone else?" You challenged and gestured towards your opponent. They blinked at you and shook their heads. "Good," you muttered as you headed over to your bags and picked them up before going to your cabin to unpack. You passed by the two boys that you saw earlier and stopped in front of them. Looking them in the eyes, you nodded your head and walked into Cabin Six to unpack.