Chapter 4-Edited

You thought about how your cousin will react once she saw Nico. Considering that she was letting you stay the night these next few days, you decided to Iris message her before you arrived. Regardless the fact that Nico had looked at you strangely when you asked for privacy, you explained to your cousin what was happening.

Your head was still pounding since her loud squeals would put a mandrake to shame. Nico watched as you nervously rubbed your palms against your jeans. He grabbed your hand immediately after realizing your uneasiness and you were surprised by his actions. Looking up at him, you observed how his face was turned away from yours. You felt a blush creep up your cheeks and turned away from him also.Stealing a glance over at Sapphrenia, you saw her shake her head at you. You rolled your eyes playfully and sucked in a breath as you saw your cousin's house just a few paces in front of you a few minutes later.

Your h/c fell in front of your face as you timidly looked at the door in front of you. A hand moved your hair behind your ear and you felt heat attack your cheeks as your e/c met Nico's brown ones. You gave a nervous smile and looked over at the house. You dropped Nico's hand, making him frown, as you rapped on the door.

You saw your cousin peek through the window how her smiled when she saw you . Opening the door, she threw herself at you, almost making you fall into Nico's chest. "Y/n! I thought I would never see you again!" She exclaimed as she held you close to her. You heard Nico growl behind you and rolled your eyes. 'What is he, a werewolf?' You thought as you hugged your cousin back. "You've brought a friend! Come in! Come in!" She gasped in a peppy voice as she saw Nico from behind you. "Well, except for Sapphrenia of course, she can go in the stables." She giggled as you nodded your head and headed over to the barn with Sapphrenia's reigns in your hand.

Nico excused himself by saying that he'd go with you to the stables and your cousin happily obliged, running back into the house and screaming about her burnt cookies. You heard Nico's shoes against the leaves and smiled a little to yourself. "I thought you would have went into the house with my cousin while I was with Sapphrenia." You stated as you guided your pegasus into a stall. The sound of fabric rubbing against itself sounded through the stall, indicating that the gloomy boy shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't want to leave you," he whispered as you picked up a brush and groomed Sapphrenia.

A grin broke out on your face and you turned around to toss him an extra brush. "Well, since you're here, you can help me groom this beauty before we go in and eat," you jabbered. Your laugh was loud and hearty once you saw the scowl on Nico's face as he took the brush and approached Sapphrenia. The pegasus became nervous and began to buck as Nico walked close to her. Nico sighed and stopped walking, getting ready to turn around. "Hey! Come back here!" You barked, making the son of Hades stop in his tracks. He turned around and watched you try to calm down Sapphrenia. "Woah! Hey, hey, shh. It's okay. I'm here. Easy, easy girl." You cooed as Sapphrenia began to calm down.

Walking over to Nico, you took his hand and guided him towards Sapphrenia. She protested and began to buck once more. "Hey, hey, shh. It's okay. He's not going to hurt you." You soothed as you took Nico's hand and brought it closer to her snout. "Y/n, I don't think it's a good idea. Children of Hades aren't good with horses. . . ." Nico began before you shushed him and placed his hand on Sapphrenia's snout. She grunted before closing her eyes and began to calm down. A smile graced your lips as you stepped back from the two and watched them bond.

🕱

The house smelled entirely of cookies and you smiled. Many childhood memories came to you as you made your way to the kitchen. You and Nico took a seat at the island and waited for your cousin to turn around and introduce herself. What you weren't expecting was her to turn around with a creepy grin and spatula in hand. "So, how long have you guys been together?" She asked as she put cookies onto a plate. Confused, you and Nico exchanged glances. "Um . . . we're not dating." You answered as your cheeks began to turn red. Your cousin laughed and fired another question at the two of you. "Don't be silly Y/n! You two are totally together!" She exclaimed.