Chapter 15-Edited

The wind rustled in your ears as you urged Sapphrenia to fly faster as you held onto an unconscious Annabeth. Nico stared intently at you as he watched as you tried to stay strong while you were panicking inside. Not wanting to admit it, but he started to develop feelings for your fiery character. He shook his head as he remembered Will. Will, his boyfriend back at home, the boy who helped him through so much. The only one who understood him. The only one he thought he would ever love. What would he do if he started to have a crush on you? He couldn't do that. . . not to Will.

You felt Nico's eyes on you and turned around to face him, a questioning look on your face. He shrugged and turned his head to look at the ground below you. Rolling your eyes, you turned back to look down at Annabeth. Her blonde hair was sprawled out over your arms, her face was scrunched together as she slept. You held back tears as you remembered how you didn't keep your promise to Percy.

Percy! Gods of Olympus! What will he do when he finds out what happened?! You blew out some air in frustration as several scenarios played in your head as you pondered more on the thought. You shivered as you imagined an outraged Percy throwing things into walls. Guilt coursed through you as the very thought struck you.

Seeing the sun come up, you began to feel tired. You ushered Sapphrenia to fly lower to find a place to rest as dizziness came over you. After a few minutes of looking for a place to land Sapphernia made way to a small meadow and landed onto the soft green grass.

After landing in the meadow, you lead Sapphrenia, who carried Nico and Annabeth on her back, to a small cave and rested there for a while. Your body ached as your back hit the hard stone floor. Glancing over your shoulder, you saw Annabeth sleeping near you. Her shallow breathing made you worry about her health. Gazing behind her, you saw Nico's reassuring gaze. You gave a nod in thanks and laid down to rest.

The sun glowed gold in the light blue sky. Birds chirped and sang sweet melodies as a tender breeze blew by. The sweet sugary scent of flowers and grass came to you as you breathed in the scenery around you. Trees stood around the meadow as if they were warriors ready to defend their home. Out near one of the many hills crept a fox sneaking up to a doe. To the left, a herd of deer ran across the land. To the right, lied your campsite. You gave out a long sigh as you trudged through the tall grass in your shorts and T-shirt, you carried your w/o/c in your (dominant) hand. Considering that you are paranoid, you worried about bugs crawling up your legs and arms. You shivered at the thought of having a tick latch onto your skin.

When you made it to a clearing you stopped and bent down to the ground. You looked at the moist soil from the morning's dew and found deer prints. Why didn't you just go to the herd of deer and get one? Well, considering that you wanted to stay alive in order to save your mother, you chose to find one roaming around solo. You followed the imprints to a forested area and looked around for any sign of life and stilled your breathing as waited for what seemed like hours.

Hearing a twig snap, you quietly turned towards the noise slowly. When you finished rotating your body, you saw a fourteen-pointer male white tail grazing. You readied your stance and prepared you w/o/c. with one final movement, you slyly advanced towards the white tail. Its ears perked up at the sound of your low breathing and light footsteps. Lunging at your prey, you killed it instantly. The buck fell to the ground with a swift thunk! and closed its eyes. After a few sorrowful minutes you saw its chest no longer move and the sound of its breathing stop. You gave out a cheer and cleaned it out so that you could bring it back to camp to eat.

After carrying the meat back to your temporary camp, you began to prepare it before cooking it. You left the fire unattended for a few minutes to go check up on Nico and Annabeth. Making your way back inside of the cave, you stopped when you heard Nico and Annabeth's voices.