Chapter 7-Edited

You bit your lip nervously as the two demigods were still glaring at each other. It had been past five minutes and you were growing bored. You remembered how you have to prepare for your quest tomorrow since it's the last day before the prophecy occurred and your mother would be destined for a gruesome end. Turning to face Nico and finally stop the staring contest, you snapped your fingers in front of the son of Hades and tried to get his attention. 'Why is he acting so weird lately? Gods, it's so annoying.' You thought to yourself as you realized Nico wasn't going to get out of his trance anytime soon. "I'm sorry that is has to resort to this. . . ." You said as you leaned into Nico's personal face and looked him in the eye.

You watched as he blinked and looked back at you. "Hey," he said huskily. "Hi,' you replied back as you peered into his eyes. You backed away and out of his face and turned around to see how your sister was doing. "I'm just going to bring her to my room. I'll probably sleep on the couch tonight." You stated calmly as you avoided his gaze and went over to your eerily quiet sister. Taking her by the arm, you dragged her to your room and helped her into bed.

"Y/n? What's going on between you and Nico?" Annabeth asked as she finally came back to her senses. You sighed and shook your head as you changed into some pajamas and grabbed a pillow and blanket for the couch. "At this point, I have no idea." Annabeth nodded her head as she slowly drifted off to sleep. You sighed and finished grabbing everything and headed out to the living room.

🕱

You woke up to somebody making a racket in the kitchen. Something dropped and you heard a string of curses come from the culprit. Curious, you slowly walked into the kitchen and peered around the corner. You saw a mess of black hair and. . .a guy with no shirt on. 'Why doesn't he like to be clothed lately? He's like Gray Fullbuster for gods sake!'

You gasped as you say Nico's back muscles move as he picked up a dish he had dropped. Tearing your eyes away from his bare back, your gaze settled on the plate he broke and noticed that it was one of Mary's favorite pieces of china. 'He's so dead when she finds out.' You thought as you heard him hiss under his breath when he cut his finger on a sharp piece of china. You decided that then was the right time to make an appearance.

"Your finger is bleeding." You pointed out, making Nico jump up in surprise. His eyes were wide and he gaped at you in surprise. It took him a moment before he gained composure and retorted back, "No dip Sherlock." You snorted as you walked up into the kitchen and crouched next to him. He watched as you took his hand with the cut and looked at his finger. Holding his other hand, you brought him towards the sink and put it under cold water. He jumped back from the cool liquid and you had to pull his arm back. "Stop moving, I'm trying to help."

After running it under water, you found a piece of paper towel and gave it to him to use just in case it started bleeding again. You bent down to a cabinet that Mary usually uses for first aid purposes and found a bandaid and some medicine to use. Closing the cabinet, you walked over to Nico and gestured for him to give you his finger. Taking his hand, you put the medicine on the but and wrapped his finger in a bandaid. "There. Now you're as good as new!" You exclaimed quietly as you looked from his hand into his eyes.

He kept quiet as he continued to look into your eyes and you, his. "Well, I have to go back to sleep. I suggest the same for you, we have a big day of planning tomorrow." You whispered as you looked into his eyes, not wanting to leave. In the end, your conscious convinced you to leave and go back to sleep. You began to walk out, but not before saying good night.

Nico grabbed your wrist, making you stop and turn around to look back at him. "Nico?" You asked as you cocked your head to the side and looked up at him. "Stay." He said before he looked away, his cheeks beginning to redden. "What?" You asked, making sure you heard him right. "Please. Stay with me. Just for tonight. I. . .I don't want to be alone and when I'm near you, . . .I don't feel alone." You felt your heart melt at his words and bit back an "aww" so that he wouldn't get embarrassed. Biting your lip, you thought about what needed to be done in the morning. Nico gently tugged your lip from your teeth with his thumb and brushed your cheek with his hand. "I. . .Nico, I can't." You answered as you looked down at the floor dejectedly. "Please?" He asked once more, causing you to look into his brown eyes and almost swoon.

"Come on, we have to get up in the morning." You responded as you turned around and walked into the living room to grab your pillow and blanket and move them to the floor. "What are you doing?" Nico asked as he watched you lay your things on the floor. "I'm setting my things down here since we can't both fit on the couch," you replied as you sat down on the floor.

"I have a better idea. . ." Nico trailed off as he bent down and scooped you up into his arms and carried you to his room. "Nico! What are you doing?" You whispered loudly as he carried you bridal style. "I'm bringing you to my room, duh. Come one Bookworm, I'm not letting you sleep on the floor when there's a perfectly big enough bed for the two of us." He stated as he opened up his door and walked over to his bed. Setting you down gently, he went back to the door and closed it with a soft 'thud."

You felt the bed dip as he laid next to you. Soon enough, you felt his arms snake around your waist and hold you against his chest. "Night Death Breath," you murmured as you began to fall asleep. You felt him kiss the top of your head and nuzzle into the crook of your neck. "Night Bookworm."