Chapter 10-Edited

The smell of cinnamon hit your nose as you opened the door to Hazel's shop. You smiled as you saw your friend's brown curly hair stick out of her ponytail and watched as the apron she wore sparkled everytime she moved. Giving out a giggle, you laughed as she blew one curl out of her face in frustration. Hearing you, Hazel turned around and smiled. Returning the smile, you walked up to her happily.

Hazel was like the sister you never had. This made your friendship even better because you guys got along so well. It was she who helped you over to Camp Half Blood when you showed up to Camp Jupiter unexpectedly. You were lucky enough not to get one of those fancy tattoos that the guys had.If you did, your dad would have been madder than a nest of hornets. Hazel hugged you tightly and you savored the warm embrace. When she finally pulled away your body felt cold.

"What brings you here, stranger?" she asked in a voice like honey. You gave her a kind smile and brushed away some hair from your face.

"Nothing. Got time to talk or maybe later?" you asked while peering over her shoulder. Hazel's eyes flickered with curiosity. Leading you to the back room, she looked around and locked the front door.

Since no one else was in the store it was the perfect time to talk. She seated herself in a chair and beckoned you to talk. You nodded and sat in the one next to her. "Well, my mom contacted me." Hazel's serious expression turned into a small smile, and then a deep frown. "She told me that I was the first child of hers in centuries to possess 'gifts' that could help us in the future." Hazel furrowed her brow and urged you to continue. "She's trapped, Hazel. She told me to find her. I don't even know where she is! How can I find her if I don't have the ability to?"

"Hey, calm down. Did you catch any details of where she is hidden?" she asked softly. You nodded your head in reply and began to fidget with your shirt as nerves filled your body.

"She was in a room. . .or a cave. All I know is that it was somewhere dark and dimly lit. It had a high ceiling, with a stone floor. She was trapped in a cage. You could see her strength being pulled out of her. She had tear streaks down her face - it was as if I was seeing a whole new side to my mother. She told me about my powers when a giantess came in. She put her arm through the cage and was yelling. Hazel, what is happening?" you asked quietly as you fought back tears.

You looked up to see a worried Hazel looking at you. "What did the giantess look like?" she whispered, gently placing a hand over yours.. Racking your brain,you tried to recall her appearance.

"She had auburn hair, with cold, green eyes. Her lips were half full and her nose was tipped downward at the end. She wore only of brown and white colors. Her breast plate was bronze. . ." you paused as you tried to recall everything else you saw. "She had two long scaly legs and wore a scowl on her face with her mouth drawn upward when she spoke." You replied once more. Hazel's eyes shone as she eyes something around you.

Curious, you looked around and found nothing really exciting. You heard Hazel snort and looked up at her with a puzzled expression. "What?" you asked softly. Hazel got up, surprising you slightly, and began to search for something. Once she was back, she handed you a mirror and told you to look closely into it. You saw a faint shadow dance behind you mockingly. You composed yourself as you slowly turned around and flicked your hand upward, making the shadow disappear. Startled, you looked at your hand and back at the wall behind you. 'How did I do that?' you thought quietly. 'The same way the people on TV do it, genius.' you thought to yourself, answering your question. The shadow behind you formed into a familiar silhouette, making you roll your eyes in annoyance.